New member, Whaley Bridge, High peak

Reno5gtt
Reno5gtt Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone,

I am a new member, 26 from Whaley Bridge in the High Peak and I have just started cycling again after a year or so having a break (moving house etc...) and I am looking for a few people in my area I could possibly start cycling with again.

Nowadays I like to ride abit of XC canals/trails etc... nothing too extreme. I used to be a keen dirt jumper/downhill rider but gave that up due to work commitments, I couldn't really afford to have time off due to injuries so did the sensible thing and gave it up for XC (a little bit safer and enjoyable in my opinion :) )

I ride a retro Specialized Stumjumper FSR limited edition in Pale blue and orange (Ford GT 40 racing colours) the bike suits me down to the ground as I am into my retro cars, I have never seen another one in person even searching on google, maybe someone on here has one? I do have my eyes on another bike at the moment and then the mrs will kindly be donated the FSR ;)

I ride about 18 miles every other night and I have a circular route starting from Whaley bridge along the canal, over the tops and back to Whaley Bridge to get me back into the swing of things. I am thinking of tackling the Cheshire ring on Saturday morning starting at 6am (advice appreciated)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Billy

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    You are about 5k from some of the best xc riding in the UK - forget the canal paths and get a map out into the high peaks.

Hayfield to Kinder Reservoir, up and over Jacobs Ladder, through Edale, Mam Tor, and back toward Hayfield - Breathtaking scenery, superb single and doubletrack, lung busting climbs - god I miss that sort of terrain.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.