Mancini's New Bike

y33stu
y33stu Posts: 376
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
Boss%20shows%20off%20his%20city%20crest.ashx?h=281&w=500

As much as I don't like the Italian, I admire his taste in bikes.
Cycling prints
Band of Climbers

Comments

• ooh nice. colour co-ordinated too.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    ... SRAM wheels though
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    What is it the Italians say 'bella en sella'?
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Why is it, people with these expensive/light bikes are usually the ones that aren't elite athletes and never will be?

He doesn't need it.

Bradley Wiggins has done for bike sales what Head & Shoulders shampoo did for shampoo sales when they started putting "Rinse and repeat" in the instructions on the back of the bottle - shampoo sales doubled.
  • alihisgreat
    Manc33 wrote:
    Why is it, people with these expensive/light bikes are usually the ones that aren't elite athletes and never will be?

He doesn't need it.

Bradley Wiggins has done for bike sales what Head & Shoulders shampoo did for shampoo sales when they started putting "Rinse and repeat" in the instructions on the back of the bottle - shampoo sales doubled.

So you're saying that despite earning a load of cash.. he has to buy the same sub £1k bikes as everyone else... drive a ford focus and live in a 3 bed semi in a Manchester suburb?

I bet you'd be riding the same if you were on his wage bill.
  • esspeebee
    esspeebee Posts: 174
    No, he doesn't need it. But apparently he wants it and can afford it, so he's got it. I don't need half the things I buy for entertainment, including bikes, but still I have them.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,958
    People buying stuff they don't really need keeps millions around the world employed. Remove that and you need to come up with another economic model :|
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Manc33 wrote:

Thing is, right, he was an elite athlete.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

Lol .. Manc is obviously 12.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    dw300 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

And slightly jelly
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    dw300 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

And slightly jelly

Yup, and probably a United supporter. He mad.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Manc33 wrote:

He doesn't need it.
    why is it people slag of those who aspire to have nice things, to own and enjoy, just because they dont or cant have it themselves? he can afford it so why not? I give up things to make bike upgrading possible. Why cant you admire someone's taste, rather than be bitter about them having a better bike than they are - (I suspect that is the majority on this forum in reality.)

its the same with cars
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    dw300 wrote:
    dw300 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

And slightly jelly

Yup, and probably a United supporter. He mad.

And isn't aware of exactly how many miles Mancini does on bikes each week. He's a very, very keen cyclist.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Manc33 wrote:

He doesn't need it.

Adds similar angry comment like the rest of you have. It's all been said, but I wanted to have a go too.

Hope he's got whatever Campy call their Di2 on there too, just because a) it's Italian and b) costs a lot more too.

Just to upset the man urenited scum, my screensaver on one of my PCs is the screenshot of the red fan at Sunderland on the last day who was on MoTD and Sky, the boring twunt with a moustache and an anorak and a radio stuck to his left ear. Man U have finished, think they've won it and then Citeh score that goal to nick it, and our man in the the crowd with the wireless on his head turns to no-one in particular and says "they've scored", with the most p!ssed off face imaginable. Priceless, absolutely priceless. I watch it every so often on the tv recording, just for a laugh.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I bet the Glazers ride mountain bikes they bought from Argos.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,980
    CiB wrote:

Just to upset the man urenited scum, my screensaver on one of my PCs is the screenshot of the red fan at Sunderland on the last day who was on MoTD and Sky, the boring twunt with a moustache and an anorak and a radio stuck to his left ear. Man U have finished, think they've won it and then Citeh score that goal to nick it, and our man in the the crowd with the wireless on his head turns to no-one in particular and says "they've scored", with the most p!ssed off face imaginable. Priceless, absolutely priceless. I watch it every so often on the tv recording, just for a laugh.

Ah football.

How it brings out the best in people.

:roll:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    CiB wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

He doesn't need it.

Adds similar angry comment like the rest of you have. It's all been said, but I wanted to have a go too.

Hope he's got whatever Campy call their Di2 on there too, just because a) it's Italian and b) costs a lot more too.

Crikey mate, you're coming across almost as bitter as Manc33.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • alihisgreat
    CiB wrote:

Ah football.

How it brings out the best in people.

:roll:

QPR would have been kicked out of the olympics (Like the badminton players) for their efforts at the end of that match.

I had a similar disgusted expression on my face that day.

Hopefully Mancini will realise that riding his bike is more fun than managing the souless bunch of thugs and money-grabbers that make up the man city sqaud.... and go back to italy where there are real mountains. Because I do have to admit that he's a fantastic manager.
  • CiB
    Blimey. Touchy bunch or what?

I support Leicester, have a less than bothered attitude to football these days and am currently completely ambivalent about its impending return to the nation's collective consciousness.

I loved Citeh winning it just because it was a different bunch of mercenaries this time round, and they left it late. And I don't much care for man u. Alright? :) Blimey.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    CiB wrote:

I support Leicester, have a less than bothered attitude to football these days and am currently completely ambivalent about its impending return to the nation's collective consciousness.

I loved Citeh winning it just because it was a different bunch of mercenaries this time round, and they left it late. And I don't much care for man u. Alright? :) Blimey.

Blimey? What do you think of his bike? :?
  • CiB
    Love it.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    CiB wrote:

There's a difference between 'not much caring for' and calling us United supporters 'scum'. I could have understood it if you were a Ciddy fan, but really don't understand the hatred from some crisp-munching lower league non-entities - and if you find that offensive - don't be so touchy!