National Grumpy Day?

daviesee
daviesee Posts: 6,386
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
What is it today?
People back their holiday and realise that's it till Christmas.
Flat day at the Olympics and withdrawl?
Midweek blues?

I travel to work early (before 7:00) and traffic is relatively light, plus it is a fairly short distance but I saw so many examples of aggressive driving today that there has to be something up.
Fortunately I had a few beers last night so I was in a "can't be bothered, I'm pootling" mood and watched everything in a zen-like outsider's point of view.
One guy overtaking a bus that had pulled in even though there was a flow of traffic going the other way and no space.
One guy peeping and gesturing at another for having the audacity to come round a roundabout in front of him.
One guy revving his engine and tailgaiting, even though the guy in front was in a flow of traffic.
Plus many other small examples that the experienced commuter learns to spot.

All capped off by 2 pedestrians having a foul mouthed rant at each other because one thought the other cut him up, on an otherwise empty pavement.

Anything up that I should be aware of?
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Welcome!

How long are you in London for? :)
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Had to drive in today. So I was grumpy because it's a lovely sunny day and I was in a cage.
    No traffic, but I'd still rather be on my bike.
  • daviesee
    cjcp wrote:
    Welcome!

How long are you in London for? :)
    I realise that for some, that will be a normal commute.
    Things are usually much more pleasant here. :wink:
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Sounds like the groggy-head/outer body experience made you see what you simply look past everyday.
  • daviesee
    Peat wrote:
    Sounds like the groggy-head/outer body experience made you see what you simply look past everyday.
    Nah but I can see where you are coming from. :wink:
    There are usually a couple of incidents - aimed at me :evil: . None this morning. :P
    There was more than usual rage this morning and it was nice to watch them fight amonst themselves for a change. :P
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I'm having a crap day.

I am getting crap from all directions, and edicts from on high that are making my blood boil.

I find out that multiple project implementations have gone wrong and my Support team is expected to pick up the problems and fix them, and it's all OUR fault.

It sunny. really sunny. No wind.

I want to walk out the door and go cycling.

Of course I'm grumpy.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Judging by some of the forum posts today I suspect your thread title has it right.

Not ridden in yet, but I'll report back on my experiences if I make it.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,963
    I'm almost always grumpy. When I'm not grumpy I worry because it means I've probably forgotten something (such as socks and pants for work - a lack of which will make me VERY grumpy).
  • daviesee
    Turned out to be a good day after all.

Another Strava KOM added to my other three! :P

Maybe just grumpy morning day. :wink:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I'm having a crap day.

I am getting crap from all directions, and edicts from on high that are making my blood boil.

I find out that multiple project implementations have gone wrong and my Support team is expected to pick up the problems and fix them, and it's all OUR fault.

It sunny. really sunny. No wind.

I want to walk out the door and go cycling.

Of course I'm grumpy.

Just to cheer you up KB I had a nice 50k pootle round the Cotswolds calling in at the Red Lion in Cricklade for a pint of real ale. Retirement has it's compensations
    By the way, anyone know the FCN for a horsedrawn caravan ?