Thursday Morning Thread. Nearly There...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

Bike bits arrived at work yesterday, but I didn't get chance to fettle, as when I got home, I saw that someone has smashed the plastic cover on the rear car of my lights :evil: It's been done deliberately, as due to the shape of the car, and the location of the smashed bit, it can't have been hit by a car door or anything. Feckers.

Anywho, today could be the day the road bike arrives. We shall see. Other than that, another day, another dollar.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' theives and liars, murderers, hypocrites and b*****ds

Soon be the weekend!

A few days of work to sort out beforehand, and these appear to be featuring an increasing amount of paperwork (booo), and some amount of composites analysis (yay). And coffee - 'cos f**k me, there is a need of Clank-fuel. By the freakin' gallon. Having said that, the last few days have had a fair share of burning s**t and blowing stuff up, so it's not been a bad week. Plus - a few more bits have been collected from the LBS for the drop-bar 29er.

Anyhoo, the break-room calls.

Onwards! To coffee! And technical looking stuff!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    morning

meh about covers it.
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    Morning,

Cars booked in for the repairs. before I leave the guys says Cee Uou Next Tuesday.......Cheeky barstuard.

Boss is back today so I cant just pretend to play work.....I'll have to do it!

Laters.
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    edited August 2012
    morning all,

had to take the car to the garage yesterday afternoon as i had a stone stuck in the brake caliper and it was making an awful squealing noise - skoda wanted to charge me £80 to take it out, my local garage did it FOC. result 8)

fitted the new mech hanger last night so the bike's in the car and i'm off to cwmcarn after work

laters

P.S: today is my friday and i have 4 days off woo hoo :lol:
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    One more day to get through then all this heavy workload will be gone. I was hoping for a bumper pay day but “the tax man's taken all my dough”. There might be enough left over for a new boy's toy but I’m struggling for ideas as to what the new toy should be. I may just spend some time today researching this problem.
    Newest minion has brought in an offering of ‘Rocky Road’. Sounds interesting so I’m off for some tea and some of this.

Laters……
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Nearly there indeed, 2 more days and I tie the knot.
  • Congrats Briggo, enjoy it!

Morning all, in work, but one of my tasks is to take care of getting a bike sorted out for my pops, so a bit of win. New road bike was bought yesterday, so if I get a decent chance today, i'm going for a nice ride to get the belly in better shape.

Onwards and upwards, just had a rocky road brownie!

Saaaafe
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning janglers of the cocks
    some nob was walking up and down our road banging a recycling box like a drum at 03:00hrs :evil: if i had enough energy i would of, well shouted at him, but today i am shattered as No2 decided she was going to escape from her cell at 06:30!
    Anyway work is audit rubbish today, but may hit the woods later?
    Picking up some forks for a friend today, a set of 2012 Marzocci 140mm twin airs for £70! result.

PS, no bacons today, replaced by Maple and Peacan crisp.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Oh and Briggo, there's still time!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Organised to borrow a front wheel for the weekend last night, only to be told I'm borrowing an Orange 5. As I'm going to be buying a new bike before any further bike trips abroad this will be a good time to test one out. Just can't get over how ugly they are...
    Finally got round to unpacking the Stumpinator last night, to discover a bent rear mech hanger. Joy.
    Today I will mostly be shopping for aforementioned hanger, and insurance for car and house. *Love* how they're both due within days of each other. No really.
    Tonight I will be packing for the weekend which starts with picking up my new car (oo! Shiny!) and continues via driving NW, BBQ (x2), biking (first XC pedal in a month), house painting (or at least footing the ladder), hill walking, and a birthday party. Quiet weekend, just what I needed.

Right, muesli time! Rock and Roll!!
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Morning

Quiet day in work today. Just made the difficult decision and put my bike up for sale only just finished building it but i'm not getting on with it as the frame is a bit big for me but oh well hopefully it will sell so i can get something new and shiney. :) onwards to looking busy.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning you massive bunch of freaks!!

Current location-Falkland Islands!! Fixed a dead jet and am now trying to get shot of a massive hangover! But spiced rum at 24p a shot is too good to miss! Bloody coke is 75p a tin tho' how does that work?
    Flight home tomorrow, back in my own bed by saturday morning! Sweet!

Am also in the process of ordering a Scandal 29er from On One, cannot wait to jump on the bandwagon. @ FOXC hope you enjoy getting your leg over the 5!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hello Scuttlers

I'm at work, which is a shame as its a nice day, not too bad a day of work though, half 1 until half 8ish.

Had a nice afternoon out at fod yesterday, probably a bit too hard for Mrs , but she got round, think family trails are the order for a while.

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Afternoon. No work today, so i have been slobbing it outside in the sun on the laptop looking for a new job as im bored of working in a Nursing home, so its back into the good old NHS i hope :)

No bike today which is gay as i need new brake pads and i dont get paid till monday, so no biking till next week.
  • Why is it, that whenever I decide to upgrade a bit of bike, I discover it's going to cost me a lot more than I'd predicted!?
    I had decided to upgrade the Blender from having a single 36t chainring to a double and bash (34t and 22t). Took everything off, to discover that the crank only takes single and bash and the blender has no guides for a front derailer :roll: my own fault.
    Also, trying to make a pub/commute bike with a single up front (the 36t from the Blender) on my old V-Braker, no problem there surely? Wrong. The e-13 chainring device won't fit on the BB as it's octalink. Doh!
    Still, put a 34t and bash on the Blender, so it should ride a little easier uphill now, so not all doom and gloom.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Briggo wrote:
    You're hanging yourself?
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Briggo wrote:
    You're hanging yourself?

Some would argue yes.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Briggo wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    You're hanging yourself?

Some would argue yes.
    Can I have your Whyte?