Ferrari / That Italian Walker

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2012 in Pro race
He went to Ferrari for training plans.

Even though Ferrari knows nothing of walking.

Brilliant
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    He knows as much about walking as I do about flowers

Wonder if this will lead to anything more? How great would it be to know Ferrari's list of clients.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Timoid. wrote:

Wonder if this will lead to anything more? How great would it be to know Ferrari's list of clients.
    From inrng twitter feed.
    Italian media links speed walker Alex Schwazer to infamous coach Dr Michele Ferrari. Interpol on the case http://www.gazzetta.it/Olimpiadi/07-08- ... 8649.shtml … (in Italian)
    Role of Interpol is significant. "Follow the money" as they say in detective novels. Nervous times for clients of Ferrari, past & present.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Is his (Ferrari) skill the doping, the hiding of the doping, or is it just he's always been the go-to guy for 'training plans' and that's sustained it all.
    He seems to have been at the op of his trade for a long time.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Timoid. wrote:

http://english.gazzetta.it/More_sports/ ... 6897.shtml

"A list of athletes who Ferrari regularly met is said to exist, and Schwazer’s name is said to be on that (it’s also alleged that he isn’t the only Italian athlete who has close ties with the doctor. The list is also alleged to include other athletes said to have represented Italy in Olympics games)."
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    He's obviously losing his touch.
  • Am I the only one who keeps misreading the last word of the thread title?
    N00b commuter with delusions of competence

FCN 11 - If you scalp me, do I not bleed?
  • Am I the only one who keeps misreading the last word of the thread title?

Nope. Definitely not. Took me until half way through the thread to realise what people were talking about!! :?
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Am I the only one who keeps misreading the last word of the thread title?

I misread it - but the misread also makes perfect sense.
  • Ironically I was reading about Leopard with-holding money from key riders as they wanted paying in "non-transparent" accounts.

Leopard worry about money laundering, I wonder if the Schleck mystery payment bandwagon was trying to do something again :)
  • rick_chasey
    Ironically I was reading about Leopard with-holding money from key riders as they wanted paying in "non-transparent" accounts.

Leopard worry about money laundering, I wonder if the Schleck mystery payment bandwagon was trying to do something again :)

Who were they using, Standard Chartered?
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Easy mistake to make but if it's drugs then H S B C is the place to go (allegedly) :?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    FJS wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

http://english.gazzetta.it/More_sports/ ... 6897.shtml

"A list of athletes who Ferrari regularly met is said to exist, and Schwazer’s name is said to be on that (it’s also alleged that he isn’t the only Italian athlete who has close ties with the doctor. The list is also alleged to include other athletes said to have represented Italy in Olympics games)."

Don't worry if there are any footballers on there their names will be removed before the list sees the light of day :D
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Am I the only one who keeps misreading the last word of the thread title?

I did too!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    As a largely irrelevant aside, Jane Saville, Olympic walking medalist from 2004 was coached by Matt White, the GreenEdge DS. She was DQed less than a kilometre away from winning gold in Sydney 2000.

(They are married so he probably knows a fair bit about walking.)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Some top quotes from white about that in Millars book
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... -esclusivo

Some google translated transcripts from Ferrari's campervan, which the Italian police bugged.
  • That could mean almost anything. I'm reminded of the incident recounted in Millar's biography when he was hauled before the judge who was investigating him for doping. The Police had presented the judge with evidence froma bugged telephone call, where David was discussing with a supplier that he was going to be provided with the best there was, really good white stuff, the powder coating he was after. At face value to a non-native English speaker it could sound like David was discussing coke with a supplier, when in fact it was all about a new bike frame finished in white.
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Quillan1 wrote:
    Why does Ferrari not allow an Italian individual to competition for them?
    I don't know if this is real but i observed that no Italian individual is permitted to generate for Ferrari's F1 team? Is this true? and if it is then why?

? Que?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Quillan1 wrote:
    Why does Ferrari not allow an Italian individual to competition for them?
    I don't know if this is real but i observed that no Italian individual is permitted to generate for Ferrari's F1 team? Is this true? and if it is then why?

? Que?

Don't worry, you're not half as confused as Quillan1 appears to be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format