Campagnolo ultra-torque bearings

bigmat
bigmat Posts: 5,134
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
OK, so some of you on here are self-professed fettling experts, so I wonder if anybody might be able to assist.

The bearings on my commuter are shot. Been making all sorts of horrible noises for a while now. I have stripped down and regreased which helped for a while, but they now need replacing. I had the same issue with best bike recently and it ended up costing me over £50 - ouch - significant labour charge and big mark up on the bearings themselves (which I can get for around £20 online).

Anyway, if anybody happens to have the necessary tools / fettling skills to remove and replace bearings in an ultra-torque chainset, I would forever be in your gratitude (and would happily throw in a few pints / bottle of wine / box of chocolates etc).

Cheers

Mat

Comments

• tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    Mat,

I've just spunked the necessary wedge on the Park Tools to do this. It's a pretty easy task, depending on how long they've been on the bike - mine were fairly well welded in! Happy to lend you the tools to have a go, or lend a hand in replacing them.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Why not just buy the required park tool set and do it yourself? It's £50 for the park tool CBP3 which means you'll make your money back after only a couple of bearing changes