What a knob !!!

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
Whilst I was abig fan of the Smiths back in the day, it would appear that Morrissey is trying his best to be king of cnuts !

Morrissey:
"I am unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event..... Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism? The 'dazzling royals' have, quite naturally, hi-jacked the Olympics for their own empirical needs, and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press. It is lethal to witness....."

after complaining that he had not been invited to participate in the Opening Ceremony, said London was being “suddenly promoted as a super-wealth brand” as the rest of England “shivers beneath cutbacks.”

“…Although the spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain, the 2013 grotesque inevitability of Lord and Lady Beckham (with Sir Jamie Horrible close at heel) is, believe me, a fate worse than life. WAKE UP WAKE UP."

What an absolute bell end !!!
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    I'm loving the Olympics. But 80% of what he says is spot on. Gotta love the guy.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    He lives in LA doesn't he? Enough said.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,628
    After reading the thread title, i'm considering suing you for false advertising!!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    He lives in Rome and has always been contentious.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    team47b wrote:
    He lives in Rome and has always been contentious.

Oh, when he was on the Jonathan Ross show he said he was based in LA but that was a while back. Still a knob though.
  • MattC59
    Turns out that before this outburst, he had complained about not being invited to be in the opening ceremony !
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    He just enjoys winding people up. I can't believe there are still people who fall for it.
  • MattC59
    seanoconn wrote:
    After reading the thread title, i'm considering suing you for false advertising!!

Sorry, but I don't think the modmins would like such pics.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Matt, I'm disappointed, you seriously only just realised this simple fact? Honey, where have you been?

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Rigga wrote:
    He lives in LA doesn't he? Enough said.

Then he needs to F/OFF back there..PTQ..the F'kin Ponce
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    He represents aspects of our cultural conscience, along with people like Peter Tatchell, Tony Benn and others who would not consider themselves to be 'of the mainstream'. We need people like them to counter balance the millions who actually believe what they read in the Daily Mail....
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    johnfinch wrote:
    He just enjoys winding people up. I can't believe there are still people who fall for it.

Which knob are you talking about? Morrissey or Vestertroll?
  • MattC59
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    He represents aspects of our cultural conscience, along with people like Peter Tatchell, Tony Benn and others who would not consider themselves to be 'of the mainstream'. We need people like them to counter balance the millions who actually believe what they read in the Daily Mail....

No, he's become a d*ck !
  • MattC59
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Matt, I'm disappointed, you seriously only just realised this simple fact? Honey, where have you been?

Love n hugs

DD

Nah, I've known it for a long time, just trying to hang on to my youth when I thought he wasn't a d*ck :lol:
  • Their is much truth in what he says.
  • The world would be a lot worse without Morrisey.
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • team47b
    Vesterberg wrote:
    I'm loving the Olympics. But 80% of what he says is spot on. Gotta love the guy.

I think Vesterberg is right. :D
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    The world would be a lot worse without Morrisey.

I'm not so sure, let's give it a try
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    team47b wrote:
    He lives on another planet and has always been a cnut.

FTFY.

Certainly there are moments of musical genius, but aside from that he's a troll and gobshite of the highest order.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Monkeypump wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    He lives on another planet and has always been a cnut.

FTFY.

Certainly there are moments of musical genius, but aside from that he's a troll and gobshite of the highest order.

Brilliantly described!
  • wormo
    wormo Posts: 30
    Must have a new album out soon I guess.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    wormo wrote:
    Must have a new album out soon I guess.
    Remastered singles, demos etc, etc out now. :roll:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    seanoconn wrote:

Hope this helps. It's a door knob.

remove-door-knob.jpg

And this, believe it or not, is Lord Hereford's Knob.

148545_28c62f0b.jpg

And this is a gear stick knob.

mid_momogk_anatomico.jpg
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    and just to help things along...
    aknobofbutter.jpg

a knob of butter.

But Morrisey has always been a knob, and that's not the worst I've called him.

The older I get, the better I was.

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Lord Coe to PR Guru - "We need the biggest cun7 in music to play at the opening ceremony".
    PR Guru - "I play golf with Morrisseys agent".
    Lord Coe - "Good call, but I was thinking bigger".
    PR Guru - "Paul McCuntney owes me a favour, better?"
    Lord Coe - "Perfect, make it so".
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • capt_slog
    jordan_217 wrote:
    Lord Coe to PR Guru - "We need the biggest cun7 in music to play at the opening ceremony".

:lol:

but at least with Macca, there was a tune that people could stand a chance of singing along to.

• team47b
    Monkeypump wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    cnut.

FTFY.

You're putting words in my mouth :shock:
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    Morrissey wrote:
    blustering jingoism that drenches the event
    Well, he's pretty much correct there if Jingoism can be defined as extreme patriotism. I don't really see it as harmful within the context of the Olympics alone.
    Morrissey wrote:
    Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism?
    He's consistent on this point at least, if not a little hypocritical given his past (ironic?) flag waving. Patriotism can be foul but again I don't see the Olympic Team GB love in as being bad per se.
    Morrissey wrote:
    The 'dazzling royals' have, quite naturally, hi-jacked the Olympics for their own empirical needs, and no oppositional voice is allowed in the free press.
    Yep, he's right there, sickening royal fawning from all and sundry since the Jubilee.
    Morrissey wrote:
    said London was being “suddenly promoted as a super-wealth brand” as the rest of England “shivers beneath cutbacks.”
    Right again.
    Morrissey wrote:
    “…Although the spirit of 1939 Germany now pervades throughout media-brand Britain,
    A bit OTT perhaps
    Morrissey wrote:
    the 2013 grotesque inevitability of Lord and Lady Beckham (with Sir Jamie Horrible close at heel) is, believe me, a fate worse than life. WAKE UP WAKE UP.
    Spot on.

So, in my book, he is certainly a curmudgeon and a contrarian but by no means a cnut or a kn0b just because he's prepared to say the unpalatable and not kowtow to the obligatory Olympic love-in.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Capt Slog wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

:lol:

but at least with Macca, there was a tune that people could stand a chance of singing along to.

and yet, they chose not to. :D
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • capt_slog
    jordan_217 wrote:

and yet, they chose not to. :D[/quote]

Oh? I didn't watch it to the end, so didn't realise. I've long been a fan of Macca, but when he came on with "Hey Jude" I realised it was time to call it night. (I might have stayed longer if not subjected to the Arctic Monkeys who were the penultimate straw, WTF was that about?)