Which Back Pack You Got ?

vim147
vim147 Posts: 120
edited August 2012 in MTB general
Am after a back pack with hydration.

Want a back pack with around 15L space and 1.5L> bladder.

It'd be for an all day ride so i can pack all bike spares, water, money/phone, jacket and some food etc.

CamelBaks are nice but expensive. I have a budget of £25-30 either new or used. Ideally looking for an CamelBak Mule alternative.

Which back pack do you have ???

Comments

• Tesco's do a good cheap hydration pack if you're lucky enough to find one..

Otherwise, wait for the Aldi bike stuff to come back.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A Decathlon - good range and prices.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Yep, get to decathlon. They do some decent functional riding bags. I've had a couple and they're alright. Not a patch on my Dakine Nomad though, it's much better thought out.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Emphursis
    Emphursis Posts: 124
    I just use a drawstring bag with a water bladder or some bottles inside, depending how far I'm going.
  • Got an Osprey Talon 22 - used to have a mule, but find this more airy and comfortable.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    I've got a Mule now but before that I had a Gilert thing from Ebay for about £15, worked fine for a couple of years.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mule for the last 5 years. Or since they came out!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I have just ordered an Evoc enduro pack, but mainly because it has the back protector and full face helmet carrier..
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I've just switched to a dare 2b pack that was free with a coat with my wmb subscription then chucked a 2l bladder in (tennet for a source one, wiggle)
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Dakine ac nomad 3l best but of kit I have brought for ages fits all my tools in tubes pump helmet iPhone wallet the lot
    Well recommend this 10/10
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    My Mule is about 10 years old (on its second hydro bladder though) - may be expensive but that sort of life is VFM. I keep thinking of getting a new one then I chuck it in the wash and it comes out looking brand new so I dont!

I occasionally use my Dakine Heli Pro is I want to carry a bit more stuff but its not as comfortable.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Dirtrider
    Dirtrider Posts: 1,611
    I've got an evoc enduro pack as well. Got it second hand but never used (cost me £50).

Had the tesco one for a few years, but started to fall apart a bit, However, for £12 you can't complain.
    For Sale:

Specialized P3 Frame

Marzocchi Z2 Atom 80mm
  • sigorman85 wrote:
    Dakine ac nomad 3l best but of kit I have brought for ages fits all my tools in tubes pump helmet iPhone wallet the lot
    Well recommend this 10/10

+1, brilliant bag