Good news for the north west.

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Manchester, I thought you said North West? Nevermind.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Bigchris
    Bigchris Posts: 131
    Manchester is north west England mate.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Cumbria is north west, Manchester is just west. At least it is for me in Newcastle.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Bigchris
    All i know is that it classed as north west, for example the news is north west tonight etc. We could probably argue this all night because if you look at a map, you are kind of right. I've wondered the same myself.
  • fergo
    fergo Posts: 56
    Sounds great, look forward to it being completed!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I believe they are going to build it on Wayne Rooney's potato head.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    I live on the edge of the Vale and I'm looking forward to this being completed. Don't think it'll rival the likes of Llandegla or Gisburn but it'll do. It's currently used for mid week XC races. Dedicated trails will surely enhance it's attraction. East Manchester is becoming a cycling Mecca for all disciplines.
  • plugp7
    plugp7 Posts: 298
    Clayton Vale? It's not much more than 1km long. I'm sure we'll all be flocking there.
    Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Manchester has more than enough natural trails on its doorstep you would wonder why they need to build a trail center .
    It might attract new riders though and be a good introduction to mountain biking.
  • Bigchris
    Tonymufc wrote:
    I live on the edge of the Vale and I'm looking forward to this being completed. Don't think it'll rival the likes of Llandegla or Gisburn but it'll do. It's currently used for mid week XC races. Dedicated trails will surely enhance it's attraction. East Manchester is becoming a cycling Mecca for all disciplines.

Yea I can't see it being absolutely amazing but from what its saying in the articles, "world class trails". It will most likely be pretty decent. I'm not sure what Clayton vale is like at the moment as I've never actually been there.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    plugp7 wrote:
    Clayton Vale? It's not much more than 1km long. I'm sure we'll all be flocking there.

Like I said. It won't rival any of the trail centres but it'll do. I'm relatively new to mtb'ing being a roadie, so this is ideal for someone like me. But for a pro like you it's probably a bit in the way of lame.
  • Bigchris
    omegas wrote:
    Manchester has more than enough natural trails on its doorstep you would wonder why they need to build a trail center .
    It might attract new riders though and be a good introduction to mountain biking.

I'm going to assume the old government is just getting a bit giddy with the east Manchester biking thing. I'm not going to complain though. I'm car less, broke as a joke and have been travelling by bike to places (sometimes jokinglyfar like lee quarry, peaks) I get the train when I can. So at the moment for me..this is perfect.
  • Bigchris
    Tonymufc wrote:
    plugp7 wrote:

Like I said. It won't rival any of the trail centres but it'll do. I'm relatively new to mtb'ing being a roadie, so this is ideal for someone like me. But for a pro like you it's probably a bit in the way of lame.

I don't think its going to be tame, I suspect that they will be using it for proper events and races, judging from the articles. Like they say they are building a biking "Mecca". They ain't going to build no Mecca with makka :)
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    oodboo wrote:
    Cumbria is north west, Manchester is just west. At least it is for me in Newcastle.

Haha too right mate, I'm North West. Manchester is down south :D

Can only be a good thing though.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • plugp7
    plugp7 Posts: 298
    Tonymufc wrote:
    plugp7 wrote:

Yes, your right. It can only be a good thing for the area. Me, a Pro? No way.
    Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130