Rocky Mountain Vertex 930 - Any Views?

Bubaloo
Bubaloo Posts: 14
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi Guys, just joined the forum and wondered if anyone has had experience of this 29er from RM? I was in Evans cycles in Kingston after looking at the Specialized Carve Expert 2012 which are now reduced from 1,300 GBP to 1,100 GBP when I came across the Rocky Mountain Vertex 930 2012 which is reduced from 1,300 GBP to 975 GBP which fits very well within my cyclescheme 1000 quid bracket.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/rocky-mountain/vertex-930-29er-2012-mountain-bike-ec033372

I have scoured the net and have found virtually no information or reviews for this bike. Does anyone have any experience of this model/brand?

I'll need to act quickly as I don't think there will be much availability in my size soon at this price. I'm liking the Recon Gold Shox with 100mm travel of the RM over the Recon Silver Shox 80mm travel for the carve and the 7005 Alu frame which I'm guessing is heat treated Alu at this price point. The other running gear seems fairly equivalent between the models.

I was looking at the Boardman Pro previously but I do like the 29'ers now I have ridden a few.

Any views on the Rocky Mountain Vertex 930?