race Devon - crits+hill climb before ToB 15/9

RobLeslie
RobLeslie Posts: 33
edited August 2012 in Amateur race
Some bikey excuses to go racey in Devon for the Tour of Britain weekend 14 September:

On Friday 14 September, the evening before the Devon start of the Tour of Britain stage 7 in Barnstaple, the town hosts criterium bike races. The races organised by North Devon Wheelers-Southfork will start and finish at The Strand for a pan-flat course taking in The Square, lower Boutport Street, High Street, Cross Street, Castle Street and part of North Walk. Road closures between 6.45pm and 10pm.
www.BarnstapleCrit.co.uk
www.northdevonwheelers.com

For the morning of Saturday September 15, Tavistock Wheelers has organised a CTT hill climb up Merrivale Hill within the Dartmoor National Park before the Tour of Britain races over the same road for this King of the Mountains stage. HQ will be the Duchy Centre, Princetown with the first rider off at 9.00 am for two competitions:

- Team Hill climb, consisting of 3 rider teams, with prizes for best team and best corporate team.
- A young riders event, for riders 18 years and under, with age group prizes. No young riders go away empty handed.
www.tavywheelers.co.uk

www.southwesttourofbritain.co.uk

Comments

• I live in Somerset and am very interested in the Hill Climb. I'm a youth and was wondering what I need to do to enter, can you help? Thanks in advance.
  • Www.tavywheelers or the CTT
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    Hi Rob,

I'm not clear about the entry requirements here. Is it a CTT Open event - thus requiring a CTT form, or is it a Club event, thus not requiring a form, and a sign in on the day?

it seems to be the latter, but you are redirecting people to the CTT site. Do you need a full CTT hillclibm team entry form? or is some sort of notification of intention to ride sufficient?

I have a team. we will ride.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    i ve entered and then watch the Tob riders on Dartmeet a mile or so of 15 to 20%

All that you need to do to make an entry is to send details of your 3 man team(s) and in the case of young riders, names and date of birth to: (only u18s can be individual entries)
    Richard Brown at the following e–mail address:

rnbrown@btconnect.com

Team members can be changed up to 5 days before the event, to the same
    E-mail address, provided it is by the same person making the nominations.
    For those making Corporate Team entries, please make sure you specify Team Name

Closing date for entries is Monday September 3rd, after which a start list will be produced and circulated.