Route needed: Wimbledon to Ealing Broadway

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
Anyone know of a decent/safe route from Wimbledon to Ealing Broadway?

Thanks in advance.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    Bump! This one is important.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Wimbledon - Putney Bridge - Hammersmith - Sherperds Bush - A4020 Uxbridge Road.

would be my choice, take 45mins?
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Through the Common, Richmond Park, alongside Kew Gardens, over Kew Bridge and up the Ealing Road?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5597462
    And sneak in a lap of the park on the way home
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Change at Earls Court.
  • DonDaddyD
    Many thanks! Basically I'm trying to avoid upper Richmond road.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Many thanks! Basically I'm trying to avoid upper Richmond road.

The route that I posted above will do that.
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    If you have time to take the scenic route, then I'd recommend from Richmond Park:
    • Cross the river via Richmond Road
    • Follow the Thames Path and go through Syon Park
    • Follow the Grand Union Canal to Boston Manor Park
    • Head to Ealing Broadway crossing through Northfields and going alongside Lammas and Walpole Parks, arriving on Mattock Lane
    That's definitely the nicest route from RP to EB!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    I'd go up the hill then either across the common to Robin Hood gate, or round the common to Putney Heath, and down towards Sheen. From there I think Jamesco has a better idea than me, but I'd go towards Kew Bridge to cross the river, left towards Brentford then right up a road I can't remember the name of. Possibly Boston Manor Road, not sure.
  • redhanded
    redhanded Posts: 139
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'd go up the hill then either across the common to Robin Hood gate, or round the common to Putney Heath, and down towards Sheen. From there I think Jamesco has a better idea than me, but I'd go towards Kew Bridge to cross the river, left towards Brentford then right up a road I can't remember the name of. Possibly Boston Manor Road, not sure.

You'd take a right from Brentford High St into Ealing Rd (by McDonalds). Boston Manor Road is further on. Ealing Rd crosses the A4, goes past S Ealing station on to Ealing High St near the Broadway.

I don't know the Wimbledon end, but from Richmond Park I'd look to leave at the Sheen Gate then Sheen Lane down to the Lower Richmond Road then Mortlake Rd on to Kew Bridge and Brentford.

Or, instead of Lower Richmond Rd/Mortlake Rd, pick up the path along the river at the Mortlake brewery and follow this on to Kew Bridge. The path is mainly rough gravel.