The Wiggins effect in Surrey....

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• jeepie
    jeepie Posts: 497
    Great to see! Nice that the police are encouraging cycling and Bradley's having a positive effect on cycling numbers. Bring it on!
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    On the downside, The Cavendish effect means everyone thinks they're on the finishing straight of the Champs-Élysées during their commute :(
  • ...How long will it last?

With the current weather I guess it won't be too long; it's tough enough to get motivated and ride in the rain, even for dedicated regular riders!
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    On my early weekend rides out through north Kent I never seen so many 'leisure' cyclists.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    on the upside should be a surge of cheap barely used second hand bikes about six months from now :)
    FCN = 4
  • MTB-Idle wrote:
    on the upside should be a surge of cheap barely used second hand bikes about six months from now :)

That's exactly what I'm looking forward to :twisted:

The track team effect anyone? I so fancy giving it a go now and I only live ten minutes from Herne Hill. It's going to be nuts down there for the next few weeks, but I will check it out at some point.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    MTB-Idle wrote:

or one very expensive one on ebay at £10000+ :wink:
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    Well, I cycled out to box hill this saturday (so just one week after the Olympic road race) and maybe due to the intermittent rain there were not too many cyclists on the hill (much less than the weeks leading up to the Olympics, when it was chock full of cyclists) and the surrounding hills, like Ranmore, were even quieter! They still hadn't put the speed bumps back in so it was lovely!