Alps

Majski
Majski Posts: 443
edited May 2013 in Your pics and vids
Film that I've edited from the Alps 2 weeks ago. It's not all riding theres a bit of other crap in there. If anyone's interested in going to Morzine then hopfully this gives you a feel of what it's all about.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/270857/

C+C welcome

EDIT: had to put a password on because I got some spam messages. Password is morzine

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I've not watched it all yet, looks like you had fun though! Wish I was still there... :(
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Nice edit - gotta love those Les Gets braking bumps toward the end - I can still feel them from last time I was there!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Majski
    Cheers. Yeah that was the steep roller on the 4X, it's brutal for bumps. We were aiming to do a bit more filming over the swiss side but with the Mrs crippling her hand on day one we pretty much stayed local. Oh well, next year for that!
  • Majski
    ilovedirt wrote:
    I've not watched it all yet, looks like you had fun though! Wish I was still there... :(

Ha ha so do I! Though i've got a massive hole in my arm at the mo from that drunken night luging you can catch a glimpse of during the credits!
  • ilovedirt
    Lol nice one, the luge wasn't open when we were there, probably a good thing!
    Did you find the Gnome Trail up Mont Chery by the way?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Majski
    Yes cheers for your help. Steep but manageable. We did slayer too that was...... Well you watch the end of the vid and youll see us walking and climbing down it lol
  • ilovedirt
    Haha fair play, i'll have to watch the rest of that later. That Gnome trail was one of my favourite trails out there :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Majski
    I only got to it on the last day so only rode it once :cry:
  • MickTup
    MickTup Posts: 159
    Majski
    Had a quick look it looks ace! At work so can't watch it properly. Did you hire the bike? Where did you stay? We are looking into probably going next summer.
  • Majski
    Nah took my session 8 out there. This year we stayed in Morzine but I normally stay in Les Gets as I just prefer the town. It's well worth a visit, I love it over there.

I stuck a load of info on here if you're interested viewtopic.php?f=40070&t=12858082
  • MickTup
    MickTup Posts: 159
    Cheers Fella will take a look Thanks
  • Majski
    Ah just been looking at this old footage again. Cannot wait to go out there this year. Anyone there from 27th July - 10th August?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    That is a great video. It really captures the essence of a good holiday.

I was skiing in Avoriaz in March and really fancy going back one summer to see what was under all the snow. Maybe when my children are a little bit older...
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Majski
    Cheers bud, it's well worth a trip
  • IhateDNS
    IhateDNS Posts: 380
    looks ALOT of fun
    8)
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • ilovedirt
    I shall be there 28th june - 12th july this year :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5