New Favourite Hobby

bigash87
bigash87 Posts: 4
edited August 2012 in MTB beginners
hi all,
I am new to this forum and the whole MTB be scene but i must say I have been bitten by the bug and I think I have found my new favourite hobby. I have always liked cycling, taking to the occasional cycle path and doing the odd charity bike ride, but it wasn't until 2 weeks ago when my old bike let me down that I seriously considered it as a hobby. I had a 2003 Raleigh Torrent (a full sus, steel, heavy thing that didn't cost much), but when I lost the front tyre 2 weeks ago I decided it was time to say good bye. I decided I wanted to try proper bike trails. I looked into a good beginner bike and settled on the Boardman Comp hardtail, which I picked up last week. Then today I managed to get out for a few hours at Sherwood Pines to try it out. And now I can't wait for next weekend to get out again.

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Welcome! Brilliant bike choice, very well specced!
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    bigash87 wrote:
    hi all,
    I am new to this forum and the whole MTB be scene but i must say I have been bitten by the bug and I think I have found my new favourite hobby. I have always liked cycling, taking to the occasional cycle path and doing the odd charity bike ride, but it wasn't until 2 weeks ago when my old bike let me down that I seriously considered it as a hobby. I had a 2003 Raleigh Torrent (a full sus, steel, heavy thing that didn't cost much), but when I lost the front tyre 2 weeks ago I decided it was time to say good bye. I decided I wanted to try proper bike trails. I looked into a good beginner bike and settled on the Boardman Comp hardtail, which I picked up last week. Then today I managed to get out for a few hours at Sherwood Pines to try it out. And now I can't wait for next weekend to get out again.

Great stuff - don't wait for the weekend, its daylight until 9pm!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • bigash87 wrote:
    hi all,

Great stuff - don't wait for the weekend, its daylight until 9pm!

Very true, will have to make the most of the dying "summer"