Stans ZTR 355 and Hope Pro 3's any good?

broona
broona Posts: 414
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Mate's just gone from a 26" to a 29" MTB, and has a set of wheels for sale as follows :-

Hope Pro 3
Six bolt IS disc
Straight pull spokes
Stans ztr 355 rims

He's looking for around £150, they decent for the money? Cheers.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Well how much are they new. Compare their condition and take the wear value and mates rates off the new. Don't think they have those spokes though.
  • broona
    New, hard to tell really, as the 355's have been discontinued and replaced with the Crest.

Crest with Hope 3's seem to be around £350.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Sounds like a good deal, as long as rims are true etc! Stans crest rims on superstar hubs were going for £200 lately.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Thats a fine deal. as long as they are in good nick. the 355s are great rims, and the pro3s good hubs.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • broona
    Now, the biggest question I forgot to ask, are they, or can they be made to be, compatible with my bike - http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/fs_pro.html

That's a 15mm front axle and 12mm rear. ;)
  • benpinnick
    Are they pro 2 or 3? You say they are 3, but that is the less common style. If they are pro 2 then they are easy to convert to suit your bike. Pro3 I am not so sure (well fairly sure its a no actually).
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • broona
    benpinnick wrote:
    Are they pro 2 or 3? You say they are 3, but that is the less common style. If they are pro 2 then they are easy to convert to suit your bike. Pro3 I am not so sure (well fairly sure its a no actually).

Almost positive they're Pro 3, I'll double check with him now.
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    you're scratch out of luck there mate:
    Wheels are available individually or as a pair and come complete with rim tapes, spare spokes and nipples and rim stickers. Both wheels are QR and the fronts are supplied with a 15mm conversion and the rear is convertable to 10mm bolt through (NOTE: this hub cannot be converted to 20mm).
  • benpinnick
    Actually, SP is only a pro3 option, so yes - no joy there.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    benpinnick wrote:
    Actually, SP is only a pro3 option, so yes - no joy there.

Ahem :wink:
  • benpinnick
    OK, whatever. Smarty pants.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.