Felt F series

shinsplint
shinsplint Posts: 565
edited August 2012 in Road general
I' posted this in another section, but no reply so thought i'd try here.

I currently ride a Felt AR2, and for a couple of reasons am considering changing the frame for the F1.

My question is, will the F1 be slightly more relaxed in terms of geometry. The AR frame is borderline too aggressive for me. It does have a sloped top tube which should help.

Also, the AR is size 56 and is slightly too small, so I am thinking of going for the F1 in a 58 - would this help bring the front end up slightly?

I know the answer is to try one out, which is my next step, but I could do with some help from any F series riders.

Cheers !

Comments

• fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    Don't know about the F1 but I have an AR4 and F75 and I find get a similar fit on both with bit of adjustment, but I think the AR sits slightly higher as I have had to reverse stem on F75 to get same bar height.
    Both my bikes are a 56cm though so no doubt 58 will bring it up.
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • shinsplint
    Cheers Fludey,

Strangely, I briefly had an F75 as well. What year is yours?

When you say the AR sits higher, do you mean at the front end?

At the moment on my AR2 I have the stem flipped so its higher (less stress for my neck). I'm also waiting for a longer stem (110mm) for a longer reach - at the moment my knees can touch the bars when sprinting.

I think the F1 and F75 have different geometry, i'll have to check the Felt site.

Thanks again.
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    Hi, yes my AR4 sits higher at the front end, look at bike pics in other section you will see both on same post. F75 is a 2011 bike, AR4 is 2010 I think.

If you put a long stem on will that no increase stress on your neck reaching further forward?
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • shinsplint
    fludey wrote:
    Hi, yes my AR4 sits higher at the front end, look at bike pics in other section you will see both on same post. F75 is a 2011 bike, AR4 is 2010 I think.

If you put a long stem on will that no increase stress on your neck reaching further forward?

Cheers mate. I have the stem flipped, so the extra length will give it that bit of height as well, so it should be ok. I thought it was worth a try before I change the frame all together.
  • sopworth
    sopworth Posts: 191
    If you decided to sell you AR frame I would be really interested.
    Thanks
  • Coldcorn
    Coldcorn Posts: 36
    I'm taking delivery of an F2 2012 on Tuesday. Would be happy to let you know after a proper ride!
    Bikes:
    Felt F2 Di2 [2012]
    Verenti Millook