Near miss today!

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited August 2012 in The cake stop
Given the recent threads on the darker side of interacting with Motorists, I thought I'd chime in with something I witnessed this morning when I had the misfortune to encounter 2 idiots at once!

I was descending the A760 into Largs and doing about 65-70 kph.Since broadsiding a car that turned across me a few weeks ago, my spidey senses have been working overtime, so when I saw a Clio pull out to overtake 2 cars coming towards me I immediately started on the brakes, because it looked a close run thing.... Then an Audi estate came flying past my right shoulder easily doing 60. I was sure there was going to be a head on as the Audi didn't even touch his brakes. The Clio pulled straight across the front of one of the cars he'd just over taken causing him to pull off the road and the other overtakee to stop dead.

Both protagonists just carried on, with the Clio driver giving me the horn and the finger for some reason!
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• Was this above the hairpin bed? I've seen a lot of really bad overtaking attempts there. I think folk get really impatient behind slow drivers and seem to forget how steep it is and how slowly their car will accelerate.

As for the Clio giving you abuse, he is most likely a twunt...
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • That exact spot yeah!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    'Both protagonists just carried on, with the Clio driver giving me the horn and the finger for some reason!'

...cos its not his fault he done wrong - its always someone else's fault. It always is.... these twats go through life blaming all & sundry for the ills in their lives rather than taking responsibility for their own actions.