Why does it do this?

houndlegs
houndlegs Posts: 267
edited August 2012 in Road general
So.i walked the dog this morning in pleasant sunshine and thought when I get in,I'll have a spot of lunch,watch the Olympics while my food goes down,and then go for a ride.
All going well so far.
Off I goes on the bike,two miles later it's raining, thirty miles later and it's still raining,soaked to the bloody skin,it came down so heavy once,I had a job to see the handlebars.
Ive been home now for 20 minutes and the bloody sun is back out.
Someone out there must hate me.

Comments

• fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    You must live close to me as this happens here....the moment I think bike the grey clouds gather :roll:
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    Hates me worse! 34 wet miles and a b**dy puncture today.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Billy Connolly once said that there's no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing! I go so fed up the other day I just went out and did 30 miles in the rain, it was 16C so not too cold. If you have lightweight, breathable waterproofs it makes life bearable.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • houndlegs
    Well at least I didn't puncture,best be grateful for small mercies huh.
    And I do have waterproofs,they were hanging up nice and neat in my wardrobe :D
  • jus71n
    jus71n Posts: 138
    The opposite for me, wanted to go out for a ride Friday, it was raining but sod eh...... I'm going!!

Got out, the rain stopped roads dried quickly and did 35mile @ 19.1 avg (no puncture lol) got home stood looking out the kitchen window, It's starts raining....... result :)

Having said that I have had my share of soakings lol
    S-Works Tarmac Disc Di2 2017 :shock:

Felt AR3 Di2 :) (6870 11spd upgrade) 2012 - Now gone.

Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc Ultegra 2016
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    'cos you live in the UK :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Just back from a ride. Went out at 11.00, it had been dry all morning, got 500 yards down the road and the heavans opened.

Got back at 14.00 and cleaned everything down and put it to bed and as I am typing this the sun is out and its bone dry.

Just one of those things.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    houndlegs wrote:
    So.i walked the dog this morning in pleasant sunshine and thought when I get in,I'll have a spot of lunch,watch the Olympics while my food goes down,and then go for a ride.
    All going well so far.
    Off I goes on the bike,two miles later it's raining, thirty miles later and it's still raining,soaked to the bloody skin,it came down so heavy once,I had a job to see the handlebars.
    It could be worse, you could have ridden in the morning and stayed dry, then walked the dog in the afternoon and have that lovely "wet dog" smell in the house all evening. :D
  • Should have gone out sooner :) We had a lovley sunny morning, just starting to thunder at 2.45pm
  • houndlegs
    Gizmodo wrote:
    houndlegs wrote:
    All going well so far.
    It could be worse, you could have ridden in the morning and stayed dry, then walked the dog in the afternoon and have that lovely "wet dog" smell in the house all evening. :D
    Now that's what I should have done,cos the dog won't go out in the rain for love nor money :D
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Just got the bike out, changed and ready. Black clouds, clap of thunder, peeing down.
    So back inside now, Murray on hopefully final set and sod the ride.
    Peter
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Did a quick 30 miler (trying not to make a knee problem worse) and half way round had a nice ice cream in Kingussie sitting in the sun. Last seven miles in torrential thunderstorm, soaked through. At least it was warm rain! Shower plus coffee with Grand Marnier makes it all better though :-)
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • 99thmonkey
    99thmonkey Posts: 667
    If you dont like the UK Weather....Just wait 20 minutes!
  • Going out in the rain isnt the problem its getting back and cleaning the bike thats the problem.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Weather hates me too. I topped up my mild dose of cyclists tan this afternoon :lol::lol::lol:

For Norn Iron that is pretty much a miracle!
  • houndlegs
    Weather was fine for a change today,just had to contend with flying ants instead. Swarms of the buggers,crash hat full of them,I even had some get behind my glasses,and one cheeky blighter crashed onto my top lip and decided to crawl up my snout.
    I think I preferred the rain :D