BH sierra Nevada mountain bike

Klynch
Klynch Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi. Thinking of buying a BH sierra Nevada proteam mountain bike. I'm only a beginner and I don't know much about bikes. Their lookin for €500 for the bike. Here is a link to a pic. Any advice/help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9237/44862314.jpg

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    We're a UK based website, I presume you are US based, UK used prices may be very different to yours but I would hope to be paying less that that for a bike like that given what I can see in the pics.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Klynch
    Klynch Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply. I'm actually from Ireland. The pic is from the net. Don't have a pic of exact bike but it's the same make/model as the link above. €500 seems a bit steep alright but the shop are stayin there are a lot of additional parts added on to the bike.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Additional parts like what? An extra wheel.
    I would visit your local Halfords after reading through similar threads in Buying Advice and Beginnners.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For £400 I'd hope to have even heard of it before!

It may have upgrades, but I doubt it has extra's as most upgrades you take a part off when you put the new one on!

Perhaps you could jot down the spec, wheels, mechs, shifters, forks. But you'll get some cracking deals used for that money or even from Pauls cycles.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.