The Keirin

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
Can somebody tell me why the bloke on the Boris bike at the front isn't wearing a three-piece suit and a bowler hat? That would have made it far more London, no?

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I was going to watch the track events but if I saw one more fixie in East London I think I'll scream
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Swap the derny for a pizza delivery moped and make it weave all over the track. Now that's quintessentially London!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    kelsen wrote:
    Swap the derny for a pizza delivery moped and make it weave all over the track. Now that's quintessentially London!

Except he would cut the riders up as he swerves randomly all over the shop and the bike would be making a lot more noise like it's about to fall apart
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    kelsen wrote:

HA. You could also put a couple of "cyclists only" pinch points on the track for him to shortcut through!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Rather liked Chris Evans this morning describing the bloke on the mobilette as 'the childcatcher' :-D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Also, why on earth are they using deep-section carbon wheels? I mean, it's not as of they're commuting or anything.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    SimonAH wrote:
    Rather liked Chris Evans this morning describing the bloke on the mobilette as 'the childcatcher' :-D

Track cycling is the only sport where a big ol' fatty can actually affect the outcome....the bigger the dude on the mobillette, the more air he shifts for the trailing sprinters....

Now we're talking:

keirin.png
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    nicked from the track section of the forum but ever wondered what it feels like on the track?

Put this baby on 1080p and full screen and get in the groove

NZ track team training
    FCN = 4