main transportation

eminornine
eminornine Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in MTB beginners
Hello all,

I'm an 48 year old former bmx/motocrosser and I just move to an central american island that has mostly dirt roads, and cobblestone, the island in pretty much flat. My main transportation will be my new bike. Probably 99% of the bikes on the island are the single speed beach cruisers, I'm looking at the Airborne Zeppelin Elite, or something comparable, I'm thinking the 5" of travel will smooth out the roads a lot better than the cruisers. Any thoughts or recommendations would be helpful, thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    eminornine wrote:
    Hello all,

I'm an 48 year old former bmx/motocrosser and I just move to an central american island that has mostly dirt roads, and cobblestone, the island in pretty much flat. My main transportation will be my new bike. Probably 99% of the bikes on the island are the single speed beach cruisers, I'm looking at the Airborne Zeppelin Elite, or something comparable, I'm thinking the 5" of travel will smooth out the roads a lot better than the cruisers. Any thoughts or recommendations would be helpful, thanks
    I have never heard of that, and doubt many people on here will have. Maybe a link?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Having Googled, looks ok, might be overkill for cobblestones but WTF.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    You could probably make do with a hardtail but the Zep Elite at the price shown on their website looks a good buy and will certainly get you about!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • thanks guys been researching bikes and i figure i may as well save my back and enjoy the ride!...thanks again.