First road bike

dastrass
dastrass Posts: 61
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Any advice on new road bike under £1000

Comments

• ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Loads of threads on here I am sure you would find the advice and guidance you are looking for. Without detailing what riding you do it's hard for anyone to help.

For general road riding then research what's in budget, draw up a shortlist and then seek them out at your local bike shops or an Evans if one local to get a test ride. Important to see what fits and feels right for you.

Starter for 10 I would look at Cube Peloton Pro, Specialized Allez, Boardman Team, Trek 1.5, Giant Defy, Cannondale Synapse or CAAD 10 if you want something a little more race geometry. Lots of choice but you need to try for size.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • dastrass
    dastrass Posts: 61
    Thanks for the advice al. Tried the defy and the allez and like both to be honest. Waiting for the 2013 models to come out as i have heard there will be better spec of bike available in the £1000 bracket.
  • Might also pay to pop into your LBS for a look around and check out their ranges as well.
  • BlakeysFC
    BlakeysFC Posts: 233
    Giant Defy 1
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Recent article in June Cycling+ mag covered this question.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/best-road-bikes-under-1000-29719/

If you can wait, rather than buying a 2013 bike at full price, buy a 2012 bike at a cut down price as they will need to discount the old bikes to make way for new stock.