Canyon Nerve AM 9.0 questions

jonnyashworth
jonnyashworth Posts: 547
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
I am looking at buying myself a Canyon Nerve AM 9.0 in an 18.5" Medium. Before I do though I was just wondering about a few little things.
*Firstly what do people who already own the 2012 Nerve AM 9.0 make of it? My only worry is that the head angle is a little steep. does this make it unstable on steeper faster descents?

*Secondly does anybody in the South west have a Nerve 8.0 / 9.0 / 9.0X in an 18.5 they would be happy to let me have a turn of the wheels on (nothing knarly) just to have a feel of the bike's geometry before I go and part with my hard earned cash.

*Thirdly do canyon tend to have an end of year sale? if so when? and what kind of discounts do they offer? at the moment the Nerve AM 9.0 is £2080 which seems like stonking good value
http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes ... tml?b=2566

*Forthly does anybody know if there are any major design or component overhauls to the Nerve AM range for 2013?? would I be wise to wait for these bikes to come out?
Yeti SB66c 2013

Comments

• I have the AM 9.0, had it for 2 months and loving it. I have no problems with the head angle on fast descents. Only changes I have made is the saddle which was a bit too light and racy for me and the tyres which gripped well up to the limit and then suddenly let go where as the panaracers I have now are much more predictable on the limit.
    Canyon have already reduced this bike so I dont think you will get any more off at the end of season if they follow the same system as last year.
  • so roughly when will the 2013 canyons be available?
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    so roughly when will the 2013 canyons be available?
    I have read before, it's around October they are announced, then released shortly afterwards.
  • End of this month they release prices.
    Bike: Yeti SB5C
    Car TVR Sagaris and TVR T350
  • I have the 8.0x. Came back from les gets with a weeks worth of downhill. Great fun and no problems with the head angle. As said above I changed the saddle, however I love the tyres but I guess it's all personal preference.
    Bikes

Canyon Nerve AM 8.0X

Cboardman MTB Comp