Jessica Ennis, Whats it all about?

MichaelW
MichaelW Posts: 2,164
edited August 2012 in The cake stop
Try a bit of leaping; not really good enough.
Try a bit of running, nearly there.
I know, lets throw things.

I don't know what goes through your mind when you see her clear a high jump bar (much lower than the Real Jumpers) but to me she shouts Jack of All Trades, Master of None. She clearly shows a lack of commitment to any one sport, hardly what I would call a Role Model of the Youth of Today. I'm just speaking my mind but she is more of a role model for those youth last year who ran around throwing things, then jumping through shop windows then carrying out some heavy goods. It stands to reason doesn't it.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    S*it attempt at trolling even by the standards of this site!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    And she's fat.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    And she's fat.

Some guys like that kind of thing. Websites dedicated to it. Cleat?
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Mouth wrote:
    And she's fat.

My munter alarm went off then. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    The initial trolling also ignores the fact she ran the 4th best 100m time in the world this year and the time would have won gold in 8 of the last 10 Olympic 100m hurdles finals. She is also national champion in the hurdles and may even be running it later in the Games (can't remember if she took a place or not). I'd settle for being 'master of none' like that!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,624
    Mouth wrote:
    And she's fat.

My munter alarm went off then. :D
    All heptathletes are munters!
    lh1.jpg

Louise Hazel anyone. :wink:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    She was on Come Dine With Me.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    For sale:
    One stone bridge
    Hardly used
    Villagers available for scaring
    wi-fi access
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Imagine being called a jack of all trades by someone sat on the Internet who has probably achieved nothing and never will apart from getting a few replies on a thread on an obscure website. Prob. the work on her abs has took more work than the OP has ever done or will ever do
    M.Rushton
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pross wrote:
    The initial trolling also ignores the fact she ran the 4th best 100m time in the world this year and the time would have won gold in 8 of the last 10 Olympic 100m hurdles finals. She is also national champion in the hurdles and may even be running it later in the Games (can't remember if she took a place or not). I'd settle for being 'master of none' like that!

British record holder at high jump, too, despite being about 5' 4"
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    MichaelW wrote:
    Try a bit of leaping; not really good enough.
    Try a bit of running, nearly there.
    I know, lets throw things.

I don't know what goes through your mind when you see her clear a high jump bar (much lower than the Real Jumpers) but to me she shouts Jack of All Trades, Master of None. She clearly shows a lack of commitment to any one sport, hardly what I would call a Role Model of the Youth of Today. I'm just speaking my mind but she is more of a role model for those youth last year who ran around throwing things, then jumping through shop windows then carrying out some heavy goods. It stands to reason doesn't it.

Do you also feel this way about Daley Thompson? Wiggo too. Got bored of the track and decided it wasn't for him any more so he turned hi hand to a bit of something else. I'd hate it if my son turned out just either of them him.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I guess Michael will be back on to moan about the Omnium being on at the Velodrome tomorrow!! Another of those pointless multi-events hey! :(
  • At least she never did a subway advert. :D

By the way why dont women do 10 events
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194

It was always deemed too hard/strenuous for them, even then the events are lesser, they do the 200m/800m (men 400/1500) and the shot is hugely lighter 7.26/4kg, even the Javelin is lighter than the men's.

to be honest I still don't get why they have only 100m in the hurdles & they are ridiculously low in the women's event anyway. I'd like to see pole vault added to the women's event tbh, maybe even washing & ironing..lmfao :wink:
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    I'm really glad you put the smily face at the end of your comment, or else I would have thought your comment about washing and ironing was to be taken seriously.

Because it's a HEPTATHLON! :wink:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Well, then that would be a DECathlon and it's the Heptathlon in which they compete. :P
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    She hasnt done a subway advert, cause , She hasnt got a sensitive mouth innit, real man that Agogo, Jalpenos f*ck him up.
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    She ran 12'54" for the 110m hurdles. That's the world record.
    But she can't run.... :?
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Pep wrote:
    She ran 12'54" for the 110m hurdles. That's the world record.
    But she can't run.... :?
    She's also fat as if life wasn't cruel enough