Sunn Bikes

DonBike
DonBike Posts: 35
edited August 2012 in Road general
I was hoping someone would be able to help.

I own a Sunn road bike which I bought from eBay a while ago. Blue steel frame and forks, RSX groupset. I think (guess) it dates from the early / mid 90s. Overall a nice bike to ride.

My question is, does anyone know any more about Sunn bikes or what this one might be in particaulr?

A google search throws up very little about Sunn either current or past other than some mountain bikes.

I would really welcome any background / history on the make - where were they built etc.

I could provide a picture if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• From what I know of the mountain bike range their French and the company went tits up about 2 years ago.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Sunn were a brand based in Andorra, mainly building their reputation through MTB under a guy called Max Commencal. They first went bust about 10 years ago and someone probly bought the goodwill and relaunched them -- sounds like they went bust more recently too. RSX shifters suggest something from the late 90s as it was replaced by Sora in 2000.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..