Dave Brailsford recognition !! Sir ?

ascurrell
ascurrell Posts: 1,739
edited August 2012 in Pro race
Hi all, apologies if alredy brought up.

Wiggo for Knighthood
absolutely !!!

But what about Dave Brailsford as well.

He's masterminded an awful lot of whats put the GREAT into British cycling.

Beijing, the SKY Team and the vision of a British team winning the Tour De France with a BRITISH rider.

He has the midus touch, cool calm and extremely calculating.

We are the envy of the rest of the cycling worlds and an awful lot of that is down to [SIR] Dave Brailsford.

Also there are of course others ie. Sean Yates etc etc Lets hope they all get recognized

Also what are the odds on Wiggo and Sky at Personality of the year awards !!!

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I'll be gobsmacked if a knighthood isn't in the new years honors list for Brailsford.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Yes Sir. :D
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    ascurrell wrote:
    After the time trial on Wednesday Ladbrokes paid out on Wiggo for SPOTY
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    He was the one who stood up and said we aim to win the Tour with a british Rider within the next 5 years.

No-one... no-one beleived that. Some of us wish him goodluck with it some totalyl wrote it of. Its that type of ambitious targeting in cycling which is remarkable. I'm more interested to see how GB Cycling approach can applicable to other sports. Rowing & Swimming seem to be the most obvious sports that can make even bigger strides (not saying that suck now by no means!).
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Graeme_S wrote:
    ascurrell wrote:
    After the time trial on Wednesday Ladbrokes paid out on Wiggo for SPOTY

Wiggins should definitely win SPOTY, BUT it is an Olympic year and silly things happen. Also surely Team GB will win team award ahead of Sky?
  • graeme_s-2
    I must admit, I thought the Ladbrokes thing was a bit presumptuous. The Olympics, or Paralympics could throw up some performance, or event that could turn someone into a national darling and leave the public asking "Bradley who?" by the time SPOTY rolls around.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    rebs wrote:
    I'm more interested to see how GB Cycling approach can applicable to other sports. Rowing & Swimming seem to be the most obvious sports that can make even bigger strides (not saying that suck now by no means!).

I think you'll find that the sports we do well in have the same approach. Our rowing program, despite a fair few issues, is one of the best in the world, with the best coaches, facilities and approach going. Just like the cyclists they analyse every small aspect and are constantly experimenting with anything that might give them an extra boost. No corner left unturned and all that.

Not to mention that the idea of a rower not training through the winter is beyond laughable. Wiggins said in an interview that winter training was a revelation, well that's kinda obvious...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Re : Spoty (why do people care about this anyway) - If Jessica Ennis wins it will be more meaningful with Joe Public who equate track and field events with Olympics. And she's photogenic.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • graeme_s-2
    iainf72 wrote:
    Re : Spoty (why do people care about this anyway) - If Jessica Ennis wins it will be more meaningful with Joe Public who equate track and field events with Olympics. And she's photogenic.
    Her side burns are way smaller though, I can't see her taking it...
  • She'll garner votes from everyone who wants a female winner or who hates cycling.
  • She'll garner votes from everyone who wants a female winner or who hates cycling.

And Ladrokes aren't paying out on her already
  • MrT
    MrT Posts: 260
    DB seems to be in the Clive Woodward mould only way more savvy on the coaching front. The difference being BC have recognised DB as a massive asset, whereas some of the RFU really did'nt like Woodward from the off. Deserves a Knighthood.....Wiggo to be made a Lord....Lord Wiggo of Modville :D
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    iainf72 wrote:
    And she's photogenic.

That's subjective.