Wilkinsons £9.99 700x23c Tyre

PeakRider91
PeakRider91 Posts: 62
edited August 2012 in Road general
Has anyone actually tried these? They have rectangle shapes on the tread and seem really thin and alot of pp They obviously won't match up to Gatorskins or any other £40+ tyre.

But at that price if they any good for commuting might have to splash out.

Comments

• macleod113
    macleod113 Posts: 560
    I got some Schwalbe Lugano tyres for a tenner each which i would hope would be better than Wilko stuff?
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I wouldn't bother... They may be OK, they may be rubbish and a tenner isn't that cheap when you can get things like Schwalbe Blizzard Sport tyres for about the same price and Vittoria Zaffiro for about £5-10. Both of these are fine for regular commuting, I've got both these on my commuter bikes and they have worked out really well, I pretty much never get punctures etc...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I wouldn't bother... They may be OK, they may be rubbish and a tenner isn't that cheap when you can get things like Schwalbe Blizzard Sport tyres for about the same price and Vittoria Zaffiro for about £5-10. Both of these are fine for regular commuting, I've got both these on my commuter bikes and they have worked out really well, I pretty much never get punctures etc...

+1 for zaffiros, bomb proof good tyres.