Need someones opinion on this..

lewwardington
lewwardington Posts: 5
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Hiya guys,

I need some advice as I'm fairly fresh to road cycling and not entirely sure how much this cycle is worth. It's a Trek 1.2 2010 advertised in immaculate condition.

The bike is all original specification, and the following upgraded:

- brakes to Shimano Ultegra Long reach brakes. I bought them new for £60.
- Bar tape to Easton comfy tape in black
- Shimano R-540 Road pedals for SPD SL cleats. I am also supplying the original basic caged pedals
- Stem to a shoter 50mm stem and added carbon spacers. I will supply the original stem aswell which is 105mm

Supplied with:

With the bike i have the Owners manual and CD,

It also comes with:

- Elite Bottle cage holder - Originally £15
- Topeak Pump - Originally £15
- Kryptonite bike lock - Originally £15
- Bum bag for the back of the bike -Originally £15
Aswell as the £20 Pedals and stem and Upgraded brakes.

The seller wants £500 for it and I'm willing to pay that but just wanted some advice as to how much you guys think it's worth.

Thanks

-lewwardington

Comments

• antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    You could get a brand new one for not much more, google it.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Mike39496
    Mike39496 Posts: 414
    I bought the exact same bike with upgraded brakes 5 months ago also immaculate, cost me £300 and it came in a £100 bike bag with a saddle bag, multitool, park tools pedal wrench, pedals etc. I wouldn't pay more than £350 for it and £300 would be more reasonable.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I wouldnt pay that much for it - I'd think nearer £300. As has been pointed out - you can buy new for under £600. OK you wont get the accessories - but maybe youd not choose them anyway. And in a shop you can get the right size - not just the bike thats there.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    cougie wrote:
    I wouldnt pay that much for it - I'd think nearer £300. As has been pointed out - you can buy new for under £600. OK you wont get the accessories - but maybe youd not choose them anyway. And in a shop you can get the right size - not just the bike thats there.

This ^
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4