Roval control sl cuts tyre

Kfield
Kfield Posts: 5
edited October 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, this is my first post so apologies if it's already been mention on this forum before.
I have a set of roval control sl wheels on my Stumpjumper (carbon comp 2011) that I'm running tubeless, they have only been on the bike a few months, the problem is that the rear tyre keeps getting cut by the rim of the wheel, just at the point where the tyre first becomes visible from the wheel rim, just as the bead transitions into the sidewall of the tyre. I am running fast trac armadillo tyres at 30 psi. Each tyre has lasted roughly 40 miles before its been cut by the carbon rim.
I have contacted Specialized directly and am taking the rear wheel and tyres to their Birmingham concept store this coming Saturday (4th August) so they can be returned for inspection.
The inside lip of the wheel seems free from sharp edges and is true, the tyres have been mounted correctly and have been air tight, the usual amount of Stans sealant was in both tyres. Have any of you come across this type of problem before? Do you have any ideas on how to stop this from happening?
Many thanks

Kevin

Comments