first tears of the Olympics

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
for me - when the double trap gold winner spotted his Dad and then they hugged. Had a little cry.

How about you lot - you bunch of over-emotional softies?

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Lets not go there!
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    are you cyring right now?
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    No I wasn't.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    MTFU
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
    I think anyone who watched Gemma Gibbons look up to the sky at the end of her semi-final bout and saying "I love you Mum", must have felt some sort of emotion. To date, thats the highlight of the games for me.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    for me - when the double trap gold winner spotted his Dad and then they hugged. Had a little cry.

Bingo Bongo.

I was alright when he was weeping, but when his face lit up and she yelped 'DAD!', i was a gone'er!

I love Dads.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Peat wrote:

Bingo Bongo.

I was alright when he was weeping, but when his face lit up and she yelped 'DAD!', i was a gone'er!

I love Dads.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19104576

I believe the video shows said moment.
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Peat wrote:

Bingo Bongo.

I love Dads.

I might have been moved more, had it not been for the clear sound of the TV director shouting, "which camera? which camera?", as she desperately sought the money shot.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Ha, yeah.

I do hate how every medal has to be some 'human interest' story now. How they have overcome adversity in some way etc.

Isn't it enough that someone can apply themselves to something through hard work & dedication and reap the rewards?
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Peat wrote:
    Ha, yeah.

I do hate how every medal has to be some 'human interest' story now. How they have overcome adversity in some way etc.

Isn't it enough that someone can apply themselves to something through hard work & dedication and reap the rewards?

Peter Wilson lost his funding, but fortunately one of his shooting buddies was an arab sheikh who decided to sponsor him. Fine by me (he actually seems like a pretty decent guy), but it's hardly "overcoming adversity".