jobsworth at Southeastern Railways

keepupman
keepupman Posts: 4
edited August 2012 in Tour & expedition
I know that Southeastern Railways have a no cycle policy in or out of London during the Olympics however I thought that as I was getting a train in Kent from outside London to Dover that I would be ok to travel. I phoned the Helpline to check and they told me I could not take my bike on their trains. My question is should I just turn up and chance it or not, I know the train will be empty at that time, I also know that trains are not as busy as they were expecting during the Olympics, also I am heading away from London, should I just chance it or not?

Comments

• Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    keepupman wrote:
    I know that Southeastern Railways have a no cycle policy in or out of London during the Olympics however I thought that as I was getting a train in Kent from outside London to Dover that I would be ok to travel. I phoned the Helpline to check and they told me I could not take my bike on their trains. My question is should I just turn up and chance it or not, I know the train will be empty at that time, I also know that trains are not as busy as they were expecting during the Olympics, also I am heading away from London, should I just chance it or not?
    That's a tough one. I live in Sussex, also in Southeastern turf, and I 've kind of given up on the idea of using bikes and trains together during the Olympics. You'd think you'd b all right making a journey like yours. It just depends what time f day snd who happens to be on duty.
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    You don't say where you are travelling from or to - could you use a Southern Railways service?Bthey have restrictions but not a total ban. Slim hope but here's their network map with restrictions shown.

http://www.southernrailway.com/download ... pic-games/