Yet another "which bike?" post

simey83
simey83 Posts: 113
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I am getting back into MTB'ing after about ten years. So basically a noob again. I used to ride cannondales back in the day. I like the look of Specialized but i dont know which one.

My head had been turned trawling forums for advice. When i finally think i find the right one i see a so-called better one.

What i have been looking at is a 2011 Rockhopper, 2011 Rockhopper Comp, 2011 Rockhopper Pro. I was told to stay away from 2012 models, as the spec is crap. Been looking at 2010 models too. I probably dont need anything too fancy as i am getting back into the game, but i would like something half decent so i dont have to upgrade it too early. I have heard stay away from suntours and go with rock shox, is this true? also i was maybe thinking of buying a new rockhopper (12/13) and getting a new fork down the line as the frame is great for a few years? ahhhh im babbling again.

I have seen a 08-09 Rockhopper for around 300£ which comes with Tora's and Avid Juicy 3 breaks. Is/was this a good bike? good place to start or am i looking in the complete wrong place?

I am sure you guys are sick of answering noob questions but any info would be amazing. I am open to anything. New or used.

Thanks again

Simon

Comments