Rockrider 9.1 Any Reason not to?

prawny
prawny Posts: 5,440
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Rode my mates new Moda Canon full sus bike yesterday morning and loved it, full sus has come a long way since I was a kid, I know his will have been a bit better specced but most of that I assume would have been weight/finishing kit, so I'm almost certainly going to buy the Rockrider today.

Just before I do I wanted to check if anyone knew any reason not to, its going on cyclescheme so will end up costing me less than £500. I think overall spec and weight are good, it's slightly slacker than my current HT which is no bad thing.

I don't need any other options (there's still loads flying round my head) but is there any real reason not to buy this thing.

Thanks
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Absolute bargain at that price.
    Review
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 1-12-45756
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    As no one told me not to, (cheers for the link cooldad!) I went and picked one up last night before wifey changed her mind.

Took it for a lap of the dog this morning, it was flawless. It's lighter than my hard tail and being able to sit down on the pedally sections really took the pressure off my lower back. Tried the SPDs that came with it too, not used them on an MTB for a while, still not 100% sure but worked well in some places, made me more cautious in others.

BIG reccomendation for Decathlon too, I turned up at about 8:15, they're supposed to be open until 9 but Tom there took the time to prep it properly and tune the shocks too before I left. Very impressed, I'd definitely reccommend them over Halfords any day.

Saw next years 9.2 while I was there too, looks great Sektors, Elixir 5's and X7 I think it was. Crossride wheels too, good stuff!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017