Fu*kwit Cyclists

Gazzaputt
Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
edited August 2012 in The cake stop
Coming home from Hampton Court yesterday there is a guy arguing with a member of the train station staff that he can't take his £5k Condor bike on the train.

The fact there were 1000s queuing to get on the trains seemed to have passed him by. Also SWT made untold announcements the bike were not permitted on the trains yesterday.

This wasn't an isolated incident either couple of stops cyclists tried to board fit to bursting trains as well. Same happened Saturday.

Comments

• rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    I don't know. A £5K bike and he can't cycle home???
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    It did look like rain later yesterday. Carbon & all that...
  • Dmak
    Dmak Posts: 445
    CiB wrote:
    It did look like rain later yesterday. Carbon & all that...

Turns to mush I hear.
  • The cost of the bike is irrelevent, it's the number of obviously absent brain cells that is the issue.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    In the world there are lots of Fu*kwits

Some of them ride a bike.

Trying to take a bike on a full train that they're not allowed to is just one of the many stupid things they will do during the day.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I personally witnessed another guy with a bike (I will not use the word 'cyclist') arguing with security guards in Esher High Street because he wasn't being allowed to cross the main road while the event was on. Doh!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Raymondo60 wrote:
    I personally witnessed another guy with a bike (I will not use the word 'cyclist') arguing with security guards in Esher High Street because he wasn't being allowed to cross the main road while the event was on. Doh!
    If only he'd had a large black dog with him...... :wink:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Gazzaputt
    The cost of the bike is irrelevent, it's the number of obviously absent brain cells that is the issue.

No in this instance the cost of the bike does come into it.

Had full Assos kit and the larey yellow mavic shoes. Have had very hairy legs though which looked odd with all the kit.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    The cost of the bike is irrelevent, it's the number of obviously absent brain cells that is the issue.

Had full Assos kit and the larey yellow mavic shoes. Have had very hairy legs though which looked odd with all the kit.
    Ha, that reminds me 'to a dyslexic, there is no difference between looking the part and looking a prat' :)
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Was it Lord Alan Sugar?
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Dmak
    Dmak Posts: 445
    Watched 2 yesterday jump the lights at Sunbury cross. The second almost got wiped out. Twat was in his 50's on his way back from the TT, should have known better.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Coming home from Hampton Court yesterday there is a guy arguing with a member of the train station staff that he can't take his £5k Condor bike on the train.

The fact there were 1000s queuing to get on the trains seemed to have passed him by. Also SWT made untold announcements the bike were not permitted on the trains yesterday.

This wasn't an isolated incident either couple of stops cyclists tried to board fit to bursting trains as well. Same happened Saturday.

This reminds me of when the olympic torch came to oxford...

a load of cycling communters decided it would be nice to push through a massive crowd.. rather than waiting 5 mins for the torch to pass and the crowd to disperse. end result is a load of pissed off people (like myself) with handlebars jabbing their backs :x

apparently the communters just couldn't miss their daily dose of neighbours :roll:

(the guy with the nice pinarello was intelligent enough to hold it above his head though - credit to him)
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    Gazzaputt wrote:

you sound like a right jealousy fucker

so are you making the assumption that because he doesn't follow sheep and shave his legs he's all gear no idea?

brain cells or no brain cells...not shaving his legs doesn't mean jack. I don't most of the time. fuck all wrong with wearing assos and yellow mavics

could have had any number of reasons to need to ride the train.

/devils advocate
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Gazzaputt
    acidstrato wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

you sound like a right jealousy ******

so are you making the assumption that because he doesn't follow sheep and shave his legs he's all gear no idea?

brain cells or no brain cells...not shaving his legs doesn't mean jack. I don't most of the time. fark all wrong with wearing assos and yellow mavics

/devils advocate

Jealous? Nah I have two better bikes, shaved legs and I actually ride both my bikes.

Think you missed the point of the post tit.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Sounds like 'all the gear, no idea' to me :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    acidstrato wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

brain cells or no brain cells...not shaving his legs doesn't mean jack. I don't most of the time. fark all wrong with wearing assos and yellow mavics

/devils advocate

Jealous? Nah I have two better bikes, shaved legs and I actually ride both my bikes.

I didn't miss anything, you called the thread Fu*kwit Cyclists when you are quite clearly one yourself :)

congratulations
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • Gazzaputt
    acidstrato wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    acidstrato wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

/devils advocate

I didn't miss anything, you called the thread Fu*kwit Cyclists when you are quite clearly one yourself :)

congratulations

F*ck me Taff the rider was you wasn't it? :lol:
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Well I have seen it all today. Just leaving the Lusail circuit after a quick STRAVA lap and saw a lone cycylist about to turn towards the golf club for 17ks to home.

I thought he might appreciate a tow, so stopped at the camel trap to ask if he was going my way. 3 times I asked before I realised he couldn'thear me becauseof the volume of Kylie in his headphone. Stupidity Quotient 8.

When he took them off we concluded he was going my way. Then I noticed his helmet had no chin strap. It was just perched on his head and would be off before he hit the deck and needed it in an incident.

When I asked why he had no helmet straps he said he had taken them off because they interfered with the fit of his headphones.

He seemed upset when I called him ............!

Stupidity Quotient 20

Needless to say I didn't offer him my wheel
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    acidstrato wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

/devils advocate

No, in fairness, you are coming across like a bit of a knob. So you are a more worthy cyclist because you shave your legs?

I don't shave mine. Does that make you more worthy/better than me?
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    jim453 wrote:

I don't shave mine. Does that make you more worthy/better than me?

Obviously :wink: :!:
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Heh this is better than the tennis-new balls please.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    My dad was a guard on the trains, and cyclists were his worst enemy. He's luckily a driver now, so no more people!

Cyclists like the one mentioned by the OP give us all a bad name. I hate them.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.