PUSH Tuned or FIT Damper

blimkin
blimkin Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Guys,

Some help please. I need to get my 2007 Float RLC's serviced and figure I'll get an upgrade at the same time.

I'm either going to go with MOJO and have a FIT cartridge upgrade or the cheaper option with TFTuned and the PUSH upgrade.

Anybody got any opinions which is the better option?

Thanks in advance,
Stephen Turner

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The FIT will be lighter - but is not as smooth as the old RLC damper. I'd phone both and ask what they can do.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Doesn't TFTuned do a PUSH tune for the FIT cartridge as well?
  • hoots
    hoots Posts: 134
    Might be worth speaking to Simon at Loco Tuning about your options. I've always found that he gives unbiased and completely honest advice (maybe 'cos I don't think he is involved in distributing PUSH or Fox products?).

I spoke to Simon about a FIT damped fork that I had about 18 months ago. The fork felt a bit overdamped, and I'd get occasional compression 'spikes' when riding fast over uneven ground, which I wouldn't get with my previous Rockshox or open bath Fox forks. FWIR, Simon reckoned the FIT damper isn't particularly tuneable for different rider weights - again FWIR, if your weight is within the design envelope of the damper, you're OK, but if you weight 87+kg, it might not suit. Of course, Fox might have modified the FIT cartridge by now(?)

Anyways, HTH.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    + 1 for Locotuning.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools