So.....

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2012 in Pro race
What's the next non-chipper?

It's the Vuelta, isn't it?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The Vuelta a Burgers (not chips) is on at the moment. And there's the Omnium, of course.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Looking forward to the Vuelta. I'm hoping and praying that ITV will swallow the pill and buy the rights. Cycling is on such a high at the moment reasonable viewing figures must be reasonably predictable.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    TDF 2013...
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Looking forward to the Vuelta. I'm hoping and praying that ITV will swallow the pill and buy the rights. Cycling is on such a high at the moment reasonable viewing figures must be reasonably predictable.

but wiggo isn't riding.. just this guy who apparently only got a bronze in the olympics! Who wants to watch that?
  • Yellow Peril

but wiggo isn't riding.. just this guy who apparently only got a bronze in the olympics! Who wants to watch that?

All the cappucciuno crowd who ride fixies and wear casquettes of course (estimated 6million in London) :D
    @JaunePeril

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Muro Di Sormano.

You can close the thread now.
  • Is that the one that was in Trentino? Or is it the one from Tirreno Adriatico?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Is that the one that was in Trentino? Or is it the one from Tirreno Adriatico?

It's a new addition to the Lombardia route this year.

http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.c ... -news.html
  • Don't itv get the rights for the vuelta bundled with the tour? Just a matter of dropping whatever re-runs itv4 plans to show and getting matt and ned on.
  • Yellow Peril
    I think someone elsewhere on this forum said that they had emailed ITV 4 and they had replied they don't have TV rights as of yet.
    @JaunePeril

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    afx237vi wrote:

Saw an article about that road in cyclesport a couple of years ago. Stupid road, cant wait! I just hope that the tv coverage will come on before they get to it, unlike last year, where all the hills were done by the time eurosport turned up :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    No chat about the upcoming Eneco Tour yet, you guys dissapoint me.

The Vuelta has been a pretty good race for the last couple of years, hopefully that will continue. Can Contador come back as strong as before....has Froome got enough left in the tank after the Tour and Olympics....can Froome win a race without his Modfather there to hold his hand?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:

It recent times it could be construed as new but it has been used a few times before.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    The Vuelta a Burgers (not chips) is on at the moment. And there's the Omnium, of course.

BIG race. Well worth watching as some superb riders there. Lots of climbers, lots of Vuelta climbers. Recommended.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Spent most of my brownie points by the time the Tour is finished so the Vuelta is always a difficult thing to watch for me.

I hold out for the worlds and Lombardi and catch the Vuelta when I can.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    RichN95 wrote:

BIG race. Well worth watching as some superb riders there. Lots of climbers, lots of Vuelta climbers. Recommended.

What? Lots of climbers in the Olympic omnium?? ;)
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    If I say I'm looking forward to Paris Tours will Iains head implode with rage?

Was a good race last year ! :P
  • afx237vi
    prawny wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Saw an article about that road in cyclesport a couple of years ago. Stupid road, cant wait! I just hope that the tv coverage will come on before they get to it, unlike last year, where all the hills were done by the time eurosport turned up :roll:

Yeah, Eurosport only ever joins with 40-50 km to go, so I doubt we'll get to see it live.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    afx237vi wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Yeah, Eurosport only ever joins with 40-50 km to go, so I doubt we'll get to see it live.

Maybe race organisers could save money and the inconvenience of closing roads by making classics 100KM in lenngth but having all the riders ride 150KM on turbo trainers before they start?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    afx237vi wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Eurosport use the feed from RAI, who always seem to show as little live coverage of the race as they can get away with. Presumably because of the expense.
  • afx237vi
    andyp wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Eurosport use the feed from RAI, who always seem to show as little live coverage of the race as they can get away with. Presumably because of the expense.

It seems weird that MSR always gets coverage from 100 km to go, whereas Lombardia gets half that despite the race developing from much further out. Oh well.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Is San Sebastian on this weekend or are they not bothering this year?

Not that I care, I'll be watching the 'lympics
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    RichN95 wrote:
    Is San Sebastian on this weekend or are they not bothering this year?

Not that I care, I'll be watching the 'lympics

The 14th... a Tuesday?!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Are we all forgeting about the ENECO Tour? The return of a certain disgraced doper?

Surely the TrueChampion will elevate the status of that race to Hors Chipper?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • liquor box
    liquor box Posts: 184
    afx237vi wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Maybe race organisers could save money and the inconvenience of closing roads by making classics 100KM in lenngth but having all the riders ride 150KM on turbo trainers before they start?
    or do loops of the best bits, or only finish on hills