Orange Evo 2. Worth a punt?

Mr Sworld
Mr Sworld Posts: 703
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
A friend is looking at this but I don't know enough to advise her (and we are about 300 miles apart!)

Orange mountain-bike Evo2 in good condition....Rock-Shox Forks, Alloy frame wheels..All it needs are the plastic gear-shift covers left+right.

orange.jpg

I know there isn't a lot of info on it but they want £70 and the Orange frames seems to be ok.

Any advice welcome. Thanks.

:)

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd have it for £70!
  • Mr Sworld
    From what I've read the frame itself is good but most of the components will need an upgrade. I can't tell what type the Rock Shoxs are.

The bike is for her son whose getting 'into' MTB so I recon it'll be a good starter with the ability to upgrade if he wants to keep the sport going.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Fork is a Rockshox Judy, probably the J2. As long as the bike is structurally sound, a good service will have it going in no time.
  • Mr Sworld
    Thanks for that Super, she's off to see it this weekend.

:D
  • Hahaha.

70 quid!!! Bargain.

I actually stumbled across this link after a Google on 'Orange Evo 2 for sale'.

I bought my Evo 2 in May 2000. Absolutely quality bike.

...well it was until my shed got broken into last night and some scumbag nicked it! :evil:

Served me well for 12 years. The one in the picture is an absolute no-brainer at that price. Enjoy it!
    (The one you're buying isn't mine anyway). :wink: