Olympic Tickets for Velodrome?

bartman100
bartman100 Posts: 544
edited August 2012 in Pro race
Can anyone tell me:

a. when the track action starts
b. what chances are there of getting any tickets through the new system whereby empty seats go online the night before? (and best way of securing)

I guess the answer to b) might be nil, but worth checking.

Ta

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    The track racing starts on Thursday.

As for getting tickets I think it's just a case of keeping an eye on the website for any releases of tickets and getting in there fast.

I got tickets to the friday session in the original ballot, Mens Team Pursuit final and Women's Keirin final, really looking forward to it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    a) Tomorrow (Thursday). Ends on Tuesday
    b) Slim I'd say. You may have a chance on the non-medal morning sessions.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    I'm surprised there are no evening sessions. I would love to attend, having been lucky enough to attend the test event.

Whoever does go, enjoy it !!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    As someone who is checking the site for tickets for any event every 5 or so minutes, the track cycling is the one event where i've NEVER seen any tickets come up in the past week.

Every other has had some come up - some cheap, most expensive.
  • As someone who is checking the site for tickets for any event every 5 or so minutes, the track cycling is the one event where i've NEVER seen any tickets come up in the past week.

Every other has had some come up - some cheap, most expensive.

I think some came up last night... And went 20 minutes later!

However, the Track World Cup is on in Glasgow in November... First event at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome [/speaking professionally]
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • bartman100
    bartman100 Posts: 544
    Whereabouts on the site are we checking? Any links? Obv. I'm too lazy to search the site myself.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    bartman100 wrote:
    Whereabouts on the site are we checking? Any links? Obv. I'm too lazy to search the site myself.

What ? And increase the competion for tickets ? You must be joking ! :twisted:
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    bartman100 wrote:

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/brows ... e_events=1 happy to see you waste your time...........
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    There were some tickets available on the track still when I was looking last week. Whether they disappeared when you went through the actual booking process though I don't know (saw some for £65 for one of the Saturday sessions from memory).
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,574
    My new strategy is to follow @2012TicketAler2

This is tricky for a non-Twitter user like me, but it is preferable to the actual ticket website.

Converting an event being advertised as available into an actual ticket is a bit tricky.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I'm feeling to give any sexual favours to anyone and everyone willing for a velodrome tickets.

Be sure you remember this if you ever manage to purchase more then 1 ticket.

Just saying... :o)
  • natrix
    rebs wrote:
    I'm feeling to give any sexual favours to anyone and everyone willing for a velodrome tickets.

Do you have any Nutella???? 8)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    My Mrs has gone off to buy Union Jack T Shirts and all sorts of other crap, which I have told her I will not be wearing.

So if you see a grumpy looking git sat next to a pretty blonde dressed head to toe in red, white and blue then say hi!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • natrix
    TheBigBean wrote:
    My new strategy is to follow @2012TicketAler2

This has sadly now been shut down by LOCOG :(:(
  • aspender
    aspender Posts: 96
    I'm lucky enough to have a ticket to the final session on Tuesday. According to the ticket site I can no longer re-sell it (not that I would!) so you won't see any becoming available from people who now cannot make it.

Given this, and the fact that the venue is only 6000 capacity I think it is unlikely that it is going to suffer from empty seat syndrome. If there are any returned by NOCs or media, they will be taken by others, athletes families etc I imagine.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,574
    Some are theoretically available for Monday right now.
  • natrix
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Some are theoretically available for Monday right now.

Thanks to the engineers from BTOpenworld I was without a phone line all weekend and so missed them :cry:

At least I've got a ticket for the mountain biking this weekned :D:D
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    what's annoying is when you see it on TV and see empty seats but the site keeps coming back saying it is sold out