Olympic gold!!!!

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited August 2012 in The cake stop
Team GB are up and running.

FANTASTIC.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• kieranb
    kieranb Posts: 1,674
    a nice big winning margin! I watched it live at work with a few colleagues, jinx broken!
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Sitting down sports ftw!
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • did you see those communters cycling along them on the river back - lazy feckers - get to work. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Watched it on Kingston Bridge, the atmosphere as Froome and Wiggins came past was superb and the roar when Wiggins won was just great. Nicest Wednesday afternoon I've had for a while, certainly beats working! :D
  • dw300
    did you see those communters cycling along them on the river back - lazy feckers - get to work. :D

Was secretly hoping for a big pile up in the peloton! :lol:

To be fair, they were fairly good at cycling at close quarters while looking at 90º to the direction they were going ..
    Bike Radar Strava Club
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    did you see those communters cycling along them on the river back - lazy feckers - get to work. :D

They were there to make sure none of the rowers in lycra were ogled in anyway whatsoever.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135
    It's getting boring now, 2 golds and a silver within seconds of each other to add to another silver gained this morning plus a guaranteed minimum silver and possible gold in a few minutes time. The cyclists can go home, they're not needed this year ;)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    The crowds at the canoodling sounded fantastic. This is a most atmospheric games :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Fifth in the medal table.
    Tail end Charlie

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Fittingly we are only good at sports which involve sitting down or shooting stuff. Peter Wilson was awesome this afternoon.

:lol:
  • Pross
    Not going for a full spoiler but I think one official in the cycling is looking like endangering his life - let's hope he sees sense!
  • Pross
    Fittingly we are only good at sports which involve sitting down or shooting stuff. Peter Wilson was awesome this afternoon.

Thought he'd bottled it when he missed both shots with about 10 shots to go.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Pross wrote:

It looked like it, I lose composure just shooting clays for fun, to keep your eye in the game under that pressure is unteachable ability.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

It looked like it, I lose composure just shooting clays for fun, to keep your eye in the game under that pressure is unteachable ability.

I've only done it once and managed 9 out of 10 from a few stations so I reckon I could be at the next Olympics even though I have to shoot left handed due to eyesight issues (OK, they were single clays, much bigger and probably shot a lot more slowly from the trap but I won't let that stop me) ;)
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Bradley!

483203_10100502217729055_1694552828_n.jpg
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    My phone does better pictures than that.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    At last, some gold medals in proper, standing up sports. And to cap it all, Britain United Football Team lost in the 1/4 finals. Happy days.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    MichaelW wrote:
    At last, some gold medals in proper, standing up sports. And to cap it all, Britain United Football Team lost in the 1/4 finals. Happy days.

A dig at Ennis and pleasure in the footie loss. What a jolly bugger you are.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Next time I'll remember to insert a smily face :) to inform the comically challenged that I was not being 100% serious.
    I would have though the phrasing, hyperbole the reductio ad absurdum argument and the Carry-On style comedy hook of the original posting and its location in Cake Stop would have set off people's comedy radar. I'm obviously too stealth for some. Apologies to any members of the Great British Public who were in any way upset or disturbed by any implication that I consider Jess Ennis anything less than Olympian.

BTW I meant what I said about football. The Olympics needs football as much as football needs the Olympics. Footballers get to play for cheering capacity crowds on a weekly basis with wall-to-wall media coverage in every country, for massive pay packets. They have their own much more prestigious tournaments. Who would swap a World Cup victory for an Olympic gold medal? Does any footballer end a career with the regret that he never won an Olympic medal?
    Now that Britain United is out, we can all forget that it is even going on , the media can concentrate on the sports that it ignores for the other 50 weeks of the year and the athletes from "minor" sports can bathe in the glory that only shines for 2 weeks every 4 years.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Get rid of the footy to make room for squash. :evil:
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Our athletes. Brilliant, just brilliant.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • MichaelW wrote:
    Next time I'll remember to insert a smily face :) to inform the comically challenged that I was not being 100% serious.
    I would have though the phrasing, hyperbole the reductio ad absurdum argument and the Carry-On style comedy hook of the original posting and its location in Cake Stop would have set off people's comedy radar. I'm obviously too stealth for some. Apologies to any members of the Great British Public who were in any way upset or disturbed by any implication that I consider Jess Ennis anything less than Olympian.

BTW I meant what I said about football. The Olympics needs football as much as football needs the Olympics. Footballers get to play for cheering capacity crowds on a weekly basis with wall-to-wall media coverage in every country, for massive pay packets. They have their own much more prestigious tournaments. Who would swap a World Cup victory for an Olympic gold medal? Does any footballer end a career with the regret that he never won an Olympic medal?
    Now that Britain United is out, we can all forget that it is even going on , the media can concentrate on the sports that it ignores for the other 50 weeks of the year and the athletes from "minor" sports can bathe in the glory that only shines for 2 weeks every 4 years.

I agree football shouldn't be in the olympics and neither should tennis. I have doubts about the olympic road race for the same reasons you use for football being unworthy. There are three "GRAND TOURS" and a world championship every year so there is no real need to have an olympic event aswell.
    Tail end Charlie

• random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I agree football shouldn't be in the olympics and neither should tennis. I have doubts about the olympic road race for the same reasons you use for football being unworthy. There are three "GRAND TOURS" and a world championship every year so there is no real need to have an olympic event aswell.

All team games played with a ball are not proper Olympic sports IMO, neither are raquet sports. And golf definitely isn't!

That's made the Olympics a lot more affordable :)
  • dw300
    Tell you what .. the Mexican Wave works really well in the Velodrome. Proper fast and if you're on the bike it's happening right beside you .. must be class.
    Bike Radar Strava Club