Pista the action....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
Awful thread headline, I know, but I am tired and only on my first coffee.

So, is it right or normal to wear one of these on the road:

warp3l.jpg

I swear I just saw a guy jigging along with one of thee on his melon.....Part of me felt that it looked very cool, the other part of me felt that it was highly twattish...He may as well have painted a target on his back as well.

This leads me to question other potential cycling faux pas;

Mixing your kit:

Tee shirt with bib shorts
Non matching racing kit (i.e. Astana jersey and Saxo Bank bib shorts).
Flip flops with anything

Comments

• edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    that's properly odd - you'd sweat like crazy commuting in one of those.... and as soon as it rains the water on the visor is going to dirty it, then it'll scratch when you wipe it, then it's ruined and at 200 quid a pop..

although, for commuting you wear what ever works, or whatever is clean so if the bibs don't match the top then so be it - but flip flops are a no
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    I really like those, and the Kask TT...

1328119500096-mqb7tnqp4eag-800-75.jpg

In my own private world I'd wear one riding to and from work on a Felt DA. :twisted:

And I do do some riding in flip-flops, mostly up and down my road to test some adjustment I've made to the bike. I'm usually also wearing an apron with "The Godfather" on. :oops:

Came from Sicily.

True story.
  • airbag
    airbag Posts: 201
    's all good in the hood, my friend, whilst the stereotypical roadie look works well IF you have the speed to pull it off, the worst faux pas by a long way is to have clearly spent a lot of time/money looking like a pro but pedalling like a schoolgirl. Mixing and matching is fun.
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    Mixing kit is fine as long as the colours match imho - now a lampre top with liquigas bibs would not be a strong look!
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    What he said, I'm a big fan of the derelict or sleeper look. Nobody expects someone on a banged up dirty Allez in shorts, jersey, shoes, helmet and socks that all mismatch to have a good engine.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I was overtaken going up hill by a nodder in flip flops! He was really going for it.

Must get me some of those cleated flip flops :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike