swing arm advice???

adamgraves2009
adamgraves2009 Posts: 31
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Does any one know where I can get a 12mm maxed swing arm for my 2004 orange 5?? Currently running 9mm q/r and want to upgrade for stiffness. Looked on the orange site and emailed the support team but no reply yet.
Specialized big hit pro
Orange 5

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Don't think you can get maxed swingarms. I know you can get maxle compatable swingarms on the newer fives but not sure if you can get them for the older models. Should be easy though as the five hasn't changed much in the last 10 years or so.

I think your best bet, if you can convert your hub, would be to change to a 10mm thru axle with a 10mm qr from superstar.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Again, no idea if Orange do Maxle swingarms for their older bikes, but a 10mm qr made a noticable difference to my old Heckler. The 10mm qr feels even stiffer than the 10mm bolt-up Hope axle I've had too.
  • Thanks dudes. May go for the 10mm conversion as its easy to do as I'm running halo SAS wheels the inductor hub has a qr adapter in it. The newer swing arms form orange are comparable but cost a fortune so scrapping that idea. Thanks for the info
    Specialized big hit pro
    Orange 5
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Why not contact Orange? They will tell you.
  • oodboo
    I often wonder how many people read the thread before posting.

Strava
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    oodboo wrote:
    I often wonder how many people can read.
    FTFY
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Does any one know where I can get a 12mm maxed swing arm for my 2004 orange 5?? Currently running 9mm q/r and want to upgrade for stiffness. Looked on the orange site and emailed the support team but no reply yet.
    Phone them.
    Or send the heavies round, I'm sure they'll fold quickly enough once you kneecap a few employees.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    cooldad wrote:
    oodboo wrote:
    FTFY

Sorry, I meant phone them. Phone number is on the website and as long as you understand northern they are very helpful.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:
    oodboo wrote:
    FTFY

Sorry, I meant phone them. Phone number is on the website and as long as you understand northern they are very helpful.
    They have a phone in the shed? Probably can't hear it anyway over the noise of the pigeons.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    oodboo wrote:
    FTFY

They have a phone in the shed? Probably can't hear it anyway over the noise of the pigeons.
    Or noise of mill.
  • Lmao may try ringing them in their shed. Lol I hear its a nice shed with a window and a stool
    Specialized big hit pro
    Orange 5
  • oodboo
    Thanks dudes. May go for the 10mm conversion as its easy to do as I'm running halo SAS wheels the inductor hub has a qr adapter in it. The newer swing arms form orange are comparable but cost a fortune so scrapping that idea. Thanks for the info
    If you can convert your hub easily then all you need is a 10mm skewer. Rear dropouts are 10mm so it will fit.

Strava