btwin triban 3 bottom bracket size

tubbs_214
tubbs_214 Posts: 185
edited February 2014 in Workshop
so i need to replace the bottom bracket on my triban 3 and was just wandering if anybody knew the size and thread type so i can price some up before i pull it apart

cheers mark

Comments

• sturmey
    sturmey Posts: 964
    Almost certainly likely to be cartridge type square taper bottom bracket. shell will be 68 mm English type. length of axle you are not going to know until you take your old out but if it is a triple it is likely to be either 113 mm or 118 or in that range. if your chain set is a double,bottom bracket axle length will be 108 to 110mm.
  • tubbs_214
    tubbs_214 Posts: 185
    Cheers for that just what I wanted to know it is a square triple by the way. And I'll be replaceing the lot so wouldn't have thought the axle length would have mattered. I'll be upgrading to a truvativ gxp triple. And it comes with the bottom bracket.

Cheers.
  • nleaney
    nleaney Posts: 1
    Probably a bit late but for future reference (as I've just had mine replaced) the bottom bracket bearing for a Triban 3 is a 115mm axle, 68 shell, taper.
  • Hey, are you sure its 115mm axle length? Shimano only seem to sell up to 113mm?
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    Hey, are you sure its 115mm axle length? Shimano only seem to sell up to 113mm?

you're looking in the wrong place
    try here:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... lsrc=aw.ds