planet x ti skewers

kamil1891
kamil1891 Posts: 658
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
I've just ordered a pair as it looked a good deal and wondering now whether they would be safe to use for everyday? Does anyone have any experience with them? From looking at the "your bikes" section they seem to be quite popular choice :D

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    kamil1891 wrote:
    I've just ordered a pair as it looked a good deal and wondering now whether they would be safe to use for everyday?

:?: :?: :?:
  • kamil1891
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    kamil1891 wrote:
    I've just ordered a pair as it looked a good deal and wondering now whether they would be safe to use for everyday?

what's wrong with that? maybe read the title?
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    kamil1891 wrote:
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    kamil1891 wrote:

Possibly that you've made the decision to buy and then ask questions.

To answer your question, I have two pairs and haven't had a problem with either. They are incredibly light and I might be wary of really pressing on the levers when doing them up, but's it's never been an issue. They're a good buy at the price.

Rob
  • Rod11
    Rod11 Posts: 293
    Agreed with Rob. Bought two sets about a year ago, never had a problem with them at all. Also agreed about the handle though, it's nothing I would worry too much about, but I do think about it every time I do them up (but really that's not often). They are great for the money though! Look great and very light.
  • paulc33
    paulc33 Posts: 254
    I have a pair of these as well and had no issues at all.

They are seriously light but hold the wheels in place fine.
    2015 Specialized S-Works Tarmac - Ultegra Di2 (7.0kg)
    Kinesis Aithein - Ultegra mechanical (7.3kg)
    Kinesis Maxlight Xc130 - xt/ xtr (11.3kg)

spin to win!
  • kamil1891
    Ber Nard wrote:
    kamil1891 wrote:
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    kamil1891 wrote:

Possibly that you've made the decision to buy and then ask questions.

To answer your question, I have two pairs and haven't had a problem with either. They are incredibly light and I might be wary of really pressing on the levers when doing them up, but's it's never been an issue. They're a good buy at the price.

Rob

ahh, I always do that :oops: I just saw a deal and "click" and a moment after I've realized what I've actually done..

Thanks for replies guys, good to read positive reviews :)
  • xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    Have 2 sets and change the wheels over at least once a week, no problems at all, v light and aesthetic.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Been using them for a couple of years with no issues at all.
  • pseudo
    pseudo Posts: 1
    not to resurrect an older forum , but just would like to know if this is the Ti skewers with carbon levers mentioned here.

http://www.planet-x-usa.com/product-p/wspxtistqr.htm