Cube Aerial Vs Specialized Allez 16

4768adrian
4768adrian Posts: 25
edited July 2012 in Road buying advice
Hello all. I am going through Halfords Cycle2work scheme, but will only have £500 to spend as my company have set that as a limit. I will mainly be using the bike to cycle about 10 miles a day, 3 times a week, and also hopefully at weekends with my son, if we can get him a decent bike for a decent price. I have been to 2 local bike shops to see if they take the vouchers.

The 1st shop said they do, and have advised me that a Specialized Allez 16 would be ideal. It is up for £550 and they have said that they will accept the vouchers, but i could pay the difference in cash.

The 2nd shop said they would have to check the vouchers to see if they can take them. They have advised a Cube Aerial at £500 but I would then have to pay 10% extra, as that is what they lose through the scheme.

So for the same money, which is the better bike?

Or do I stick with Halfords and get a £300 carrera TDF and £200 accesories?
Private messageTop

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    Spesh and cube are both good bikes and imo worth the extra over the tdf but any shop that wants 10% just walk away as there are others that wont charge. Saying that the tdf will do what you want it to its probably better to find what fits you best.

Have you checked out online deals aswell? There are many companies that take the vouchers and the sales are coming