time i-click 2 racer red only available in red colour?

dubcat
dubcat Posts: 737
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi, the i-click 2 racer red peddles look to be really good. I'm just a bit frustrated because they are only available in red colour though :( My understanding is that the gray one has a different float. To get black I would have to go to carbon which is quite a bit more money. Is it really only available in red?!
Dub
2010 Specialized Rockhopper
2012 Bianchi Infinito

Comments

• Gladiator
    Gladiator Posts: 75
    No they are all the same here are the grey ones

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/time-i-clic-2-p ... als+phrase
  • dubcat
    hi gladiator - i don't think the ones you linked are the same are they? They are not the racer ones.
    These are the gray racer ones http://www.wiggle.co.uk/time-i-clic-2-racer-grey-pedals/ - i thought they were different to the red ones but if they are the same then that is cool - although they are not the dark colour i was looking for.
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • Dubcat wrote:
    hi gladiator - i don't think the ones you linked are the same are they? They are not the racer ones.
    These are the gray racer ones http://www.wiggle.co.uk/time-i-clic-2-racer-grey-pedals/ - i thought they were different to the red ones but if they are the same then that is cool - although they are not the dark colour i was looking for.

They are exactly the same, i thought that originally when buying mine. Basically, you are paying a bit more just for the different colour, light grey or red. The next step up is the all carbon job but probably not needed. Just make sure its iClic 2 as the iClic ones are still available.
  • dubcat
    Ah thanks. In the end I was going to buy them when I noticed that Chain Reaction had the i-clic 2 carbon available at a bigger discount than anywhere else. I ordered them. I figured for the small price difference and the fact that they should last a while I might as well. Definitely says i-clic 2. That's a really good point btw as you are totally right - some places are still selling the original i-clic version.

Ordered middle of the night. Woke up this am and they have already dispatched! :)
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • I like the carbon ones, and nearly got them myself but the Mrs wanted a new bed from Next :D so i opted for the grey ones.

Im well happy with them though, i like the fact the top toe section on the pedal has a lip, as its easier to find rather than the Shimano pedal which is a hole you have to point down into first to engage. Not had a false click yet on the Looks.

The only bit of advice i would give you about the Looks is that when you click in they sometimes require a sideways wiggle of the foot, not much-left and right movement, then you'll hear it click again, its minimal and can happen when they are new until they bed in. Its easy to be a bit soft with them at first but after a while you just stamp down and in on them and dont give a sh*t :-)

enjoy!
  • dubcat
    Looks? I bought time I-click 2.
    2012 Bianchi Infinito