24hole wheels okay for XC?

Jomox
Jomox Posts: 250
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I can get some nice wheels cheap. These here: http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/ACWHSNNV1
But not from there (Can get them below £100 and brand new)

Riding will be doing on them is allot of trails, in woods and general trails on gravel/mud etc (some aggressive type XC stuff) and allot of road riding also. (On hardtail Scott Scale) So just wondering will these hold up okay with 24H?

Thanks.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If they are built correctly and you are nor too heavy they should hold up fine. My front wheel has 18 spokes!
  • Jomox
    Okay thanks for the info. I am quite heavy at 93kg, would this be a problem? (Will be loosing weight though guess will go down to around 85kg) They are well built from what I have read.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Still should be ok. I am 85kg, my Crossmax Enduro hold up fine. There is a fair bit of weight to the wheels you list, so will have strong stiff rims.
  • Jomox
    I've been looking at Crossmax's also, but you've gave me enough confidence to go ahead with those wheels. Thanks again for the info helps allot.
  • Jomox
    I got the wheels and they are nice sepcially for the price I paid for them (Brand new for £90 of a friend) hubs are smooth and they seem very well built. Not the lightest but can't complain at this price.

I was considering getting Mavic Crossride 2011 (24h) as they on sale at CRC right now and would of got them if I had not found these Vetrax D2 going cheap I think, hopefully they hold up nicely.