Buying a ladie's mountain bike - advice needed please

penney
penney Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in Women
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a women's mountain bike up to £400 price range and ideally with disc brakes (easy to take a wheel off to get it in the car). I'm new to the mountain biking world but I am hoping to progress to riding trails in the future.

I am currently borrowing a friends unisex bike but I don't like the riding positioning. I am favouring the women's frames after trying a few out in the stores.

I have seen a Norco Storm Forma 6.1 2012 and a Norco Charger 6.3 2012 and I was wondering if anyone has any reviews, experience, or even suggestions of models I should consider.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Discs are more of a pain to remove wheels and get in the car than unclipping Vs. With discs you need to either be very careful not to depress the lever or fit spacers so the pistons are unable to protract.

I'd also consider a non-gender bike. Man bikes can be tweeked with bars, stems and saddles to fit a fair range.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Either wheels are fine to remove if you know how ;-)

Take a look at the Decathlon Rockriders and Voodoo bikes for this price.
  • fin7
    fin7 Posts: 2
    I have a specialized myka V brake mountain bike, my daughter has the disc brake version. Have to say they're nice bikes to ride.
  • Hi I have a Norco charger 6 forma-the ladies model and I really like it. Very comfortable and nippy.