New bike

Cheshire Celt
Cheshire Celt Posts: 137
edited August 2012 in Your road bikes
Well after 6 weeks on my b twin I decided to buy a new bike got this today

935b65e8.jpg

Comments

• ab3a3a81.jpg
  • Well 144 views and not one reply guess its not a super duper all singing all dancing bike maybe I should have spent 3 grand
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Well 144 views and not one reply guess its not a super duper all singing all dancing bike maybe I should have spent 3 grand

OK, I'll bite. You've waited a whole 5 hours before complaining - it's not a lot and more people seem to post in the day than the evening. Also, you've just posted a pic of a bike - no info, not even the model let alone the equipment or why you chose that bike and what you might plan to change or does anyone have any advice on upgrades and why was it you got a new bike after only 6 weeks and how does it ride? What do you want people to say? Make an interesting post and people will reply! :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Rolf F wrote:
    Well 144 views and not one reply guess its not a super duper all singing all dancing bike maybe I should have spent 3 grand

OK, I'll bite. You've waited a whole 5 hours before complaining - it's not a lot and more people seem to post in the day than the evening. Also, you've just posted a pic of a bike - no info, not even the model let alone the equipment or why you chose that bike and what you might plan to change or does anyone have any advice on upgrades and why was it you got a new bike after only 6 weeks and how does it ride? What do you want people to say? Make an interesting post and people will reply! :wink:

+1 - nice looking bike but I'm with Rolf. Where's the detail and why did you go for it? Come on furnish more detail and I'm sure you'll encourage some more comments.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • notlongnow
    notlongnow Posts: 176
    how does it compare to the Btwin
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    notlongnow wrote:

One faces the camera, one faces away.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    izza wrote:
    notlongnow wrote:

One faces the camera, one faces away.

Well of course - the BTwin feels hurt and rejected!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • The b- twin has found a new home the bikes great 30 miler yesterday
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,831
    The b- twin has found a new home the bikes great 30 miler yesterday

:roll:
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Why the rolley eyes
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,831
    Have you not looked at what people have said? People want to know the spec of the bike, why you bought it, has it made a difference, what you use it for (e,g commuting, racing etc) and such like. Just posting a picture of a bike ain't going to get you anywhere. Have a look at the other threads to give you an idea.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    i would like all the info on your bike, i have been looking at scott as a possible new bike and it looks good, well i don't like the white stem and spacers but that could change.you need to put more info on.
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • Hi guys I am really new to all this I bought the b twin and was not comfortable on it at all to stretched pins and needles in hands . So I decided to go to a proper bike shop and get a bike more suited to my shape and size I bought the bike from brain rourke cycles in stoke on Trent . During my 6 weeks with the twin I really enjoyed my riding . So I decided to upgrade and get a better fitting bike , of the six shops I tried they where the only shop that sat me on a bike to measurements and spent over an hr with me . The bikes feel poles apart after 8 miles on the twin I was struggling yesterday I done my first 30 miler in 2hrs 7 mins with no hand problems . The bike is a Scott s50 triple gearing is shimano sora . Alloy forks . Hope this is a little back ground as I said I'm very new to this cheers
  • The bike did have white handle bar grips but I got them to change them to black
  • Swish!
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    nice bike although i may be a bit biased ........
    ps i think you ll find the forks are carbon not alloy unless they've changed the spec this year,
    mine s a 2011 model and i love it, i use mine for summer commuting and sportives etc , no problems and its got over 3 k on it now.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Yeh my mistake there it indeed has carbon forks