Catlike or kask??

paulc33
paulc33 Posts: 254
edited July 2012 in Road buying advice
Right lookin to change and up grade my helmet.

Currently have a Scott helmet its ok but not the most comfortable.

Have been looking and can't decide between a catlike whisper plus
Or a kask Mojito....

Wondered what peoples findings are with these two and which is better.

Or is there a different helmet I should look at for the money

Thanks
2015 Specialized S-Works Tarmac - Ultegra Di2 (7.0kg)
Kinesis Aithein - Ultegra mechanical (7.3kg)
Kinesis Maxlight Xc130 - xt/ xtr (11.3kg)

spin to win!

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    The one that fits. (or if they both fit.. then the one that fits best)
  • Mike39496
    Mike39496 Posts: 414
    Mojito is comfortable, non shroom-like and it saved my life when my head hit a windscreen. I'll be buying another when I get back on my bike!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I have a Mojito but I did try a Catlike Whisper as well. These two, plus the heavyweight Giro Ionos were by far the most comfortable fits for me - and I'm bald so no natural padding! Both are light too and both are well made.

So, for my head size and shape, there isn't anything in it in comfort (but I'd hesitate to say that that implies you would find them both equally comfortable). However, much as I liked it, I was never completely convinced about the appearance of the Catlike so I was pleased to discover the Mojito.

And, of course, the retail price of the Mojito is about 2/3rds that of the Catlike which is a pretty pursuasive argument!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • benkxk
    benkxk Posts: 151
    Kask K-10. By far the best looking and most comfortable helmet i've found!

And also you can get some of the older models half price on CRC ;) £64.99 instead of £130.

Albeit is garish colours ;) I've ordered the Black/Gold
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I've got the Whisper and love it. Progressed from the Kompact Pro and like the fact it looks a little "different"...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,577
    i'd go to a place like cyclesurgery/similar where there are many males/models of helmet to try

first see what's comfy, then from the ones that are good choose the style you prefer
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    sungod wrote:
    first see what's comfy, then from the ones that are good choose the style you prefer

if it looks great but feels bad it will always be bad, and possibly not too good as a head protector, which is its first job after all!

so agree - it depends on your head shape and size and it is one thing you can only buy mail order if its a repeat of what you have. - i 'acquired a Selev - carbon, looked wicked - but so uncomfortable.

try a Prevail or a Rudy before to splash out
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2